Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we got hit with a pretty crazy thunderstorm last night where I live. We were heading to the whole foods store when I saw flooded parking lot and just had to have my girlfriend snap some pics of me having fun. Just thought I would share :). I freaking love this car...

Pictures were her idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
nice!!! my rims didnt come today .. so iwasnt able to play around lol ..

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Haha, good memories, I did the same thing when my car was all stock in 08.

I also went through a few big puddles in winter, where it froze sitting in my under tray. There was about 10 pounds of ice down there haha. Stopped going for puddles after that in winter.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yea, we've been getting hammered here in the IL lately. Supposed to do this for 2 more days, there's a "perfect" weather pattern right now to keep developing these random torrential down pours+wicked lightning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea, we've been getting hammered here in the IL lately. Supposed to do this for 2 more days, there's a "perfect" weather pattern right now to keep developing these random torrential down pours+wicked lightning.
watching the wicked lightning now on the south side

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope it doesnt rain tommorw like it did last night... AMS is having there BBQ!!! It starts at 11am and runs until 4pm. Im cruising down there with my buddy. Hes got a 2007 evo 9 MR, with 420hp. Hope to see you guys there!

·
Registered
703 Posts
omg... why would you drive in water that deep?
time to get a honda out for that kinda stuff..lol
once water in intake its all over...

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Yeah, I'm failing to see how any of the Evo's qualities enhanced that experience, at all. The chances of fucking something up by driving through that deep of water far outweighs any "awesome look at me fun time happy go joy joy".

Are you honestly thinking the AWD system was doing anything of importance during those maneuvers? You never lost traction, you were just driving through insanely deep water for no apparent reason.

People do snow driving videos since our cars actually have capabilities that enhance that experience. You were simply driving slowly through high water.

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
Yeah, I'm failing to see how any of the Evo's qualities enhanced that experience, at all. The chances of fucking something up by driving through that deep of water far outweighs any "awesome look at me fun time happy go joy joy".

Are you honestly thinking the AWD system was doing anything of importance during those maneuvers? You never lost traction, you were just driving through insanely deep water for no apparent reason.

People do snow driving videos since our cars actually have capabilities that enhance that experience. You were simply driving slowly through high water.
This x 100. While the pictures look nice and I am glad that you had fun, driving in such conditions seems incredibly stupid to me. Why risk killing your car just to drive through water?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

:+1: I had 2 friends, one an 87 rx7, one an 88 dakota both effed by smashing thru puddles. I avoid puddles

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The water wasnt high enough to get into the intake. Im very mechanically incined when it comes to cars, I knew what I was doing. The photos make the water look much deeper than it really was. I cant wait for snow. AMS not having BBQ? I dont think they canceled.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts

he posted these pictures up to show that he was having fun, he obviously knows the risks with doing it, so why the hell do you have to be the buzz kill in the room? just say "oh, cool, glad you had fun and didnt mess anything up."

you dont always have to criticize everyone.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts