Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of building a light room in my garage. The purpose will be to light up my work surfaces (cars) so that I can see better without portable lights.
Just wanted to see what some of you guys are using.

·
[Administrator], [Local Team Member], [Powder Coat
8,500 Posts
I have like 8 ballasts with 2 florescent bulbs in each scattered throughout my garage. They are ok...I wish there was something better. It gets the job done alright. I still use my craftsman portable light when I am working under the hood.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have like 8 ballasts with 2 florescent bulbs in each scattered throughout my garage. They are ok...I wish there was something better. It gets the job done alright. I still use my craftsman portable light when I am working under the hood.
Did you hard wire them in? I'm thinking about wiring a bunch of lights on the walls where I don't store anything. That way I can direct lights onto the side. I hung one above the engine bay for when I'm working on it.

Also, I think halogens would be brighter.

·
8,500 Posts
They have their seperate outlets mounted in the rafters of my garage. The balast just gets plugged in there. I would love to have a LED setup in the garage with some super bright LED lights, but I only rent the place I am in now.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have their seperate outlets mounted in the rafters of my garage. The balast just gets plugged in there. I would love to have a LED setup in the garage with some super bright LED lights, but I only rent the place I am in now.
I looked at LED ballasts at Lowes. They weren't very bright. They did have this super gnarly portable LED panel work light. It was insanely bright, but they were sold out.

·
8,500 Posts
Lowes leaves their light fixtures on year round. Those LED bulbs are probably on their last leg anyway. Ask an employee to change them out so you can see how bright they are when they are brand new. The worst they can say is no

1 - 6 of 6 Posts