Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
user manual suggests minimum 91 octane. I don't recall a mention of optimal suggestion, but I was always under the impression the more octane the better (as long as you don't run it all the time, just on the track).
I've actually considered the dual tank option (like a 2 gallon cell in the trunk for race fuel).

·
Registered
375 Posts
All stock right now.

·
Registered
589 Posts
long as its not leaded you are good to go. the higher the octane the more efficent the combustion. go for 110 if its not leaded. If it is say good buy to your emission equipment.
On track days i use to run 110 in my srt. made a decent difference. But the trick is to have your normal fuel as low as you can get it. Because if you mix it with your 93, you don't have true 110. Somewhere in the middle depending on how much of each you put in. Also it can help to reset your battery when you put in the higher octane because your sensor will be running off of 93 setting still until it notices the difference. hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.