Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else find it annoying how much they base their decisions on what evo x owners like/dislike? every time i google something a few results are one thier forums about "well evo x owners...." like who cares wut we do, i dont give a shit about wut GTR owners are up to lol :rant::uzi:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have never seen this, hmpft. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open more often.

Take it as a compliment, no? Genesis's have really nice interiors, I am a fan of their cars.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
I like it, I know genesis owners oogle over our cars, buddy keeps wishing the BBS's fit his genesis. I'd just enjoy it, shows we're a pretty knowledgable group for the most of us. Plus the genesis 2.0L Turbo engine starts out exactly like ours, then the two companies do their thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i suppose it is a form of flattery just kind of annoying to me personally. i guess our cars are sought after maybe just doesnt seem so when u have one.
I almost bought a 2011 Mazda Speed 3:duh:
oh buddy save that smack for me i was thinking about a turbo cobalt ss :fail:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Haha I used to have a Cobalt SS / TC...fast cars I tell ya. 5.4's easy 0-100km/h and good gas mileage. Don't go putting down the second fastest FWD car now :). Lol

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
That really makes you that upset? Instead of being a dick about it be honored. Evo's are almost infallible in the import scene. And to even own one as easy as it may seem to us who have them is no easy feat for others.

You could build an Evo from all ebay parts with a box tune and probably make more power then 98% of their cars. This is one of the reason they look up to you. Nothing wrong with that.

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
I love the look of the Gen Coupes. I love my evo more, but still. Saw a cobalt thread where a guy tried to make his front bumper look like an evo X lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the look of the Gen Coupes. I love my evo more, but still. Saw a cobalt thread where a guy tried to make his front bumper look like an evo X lol
theres a dude in my home town that dude that!! was it yellow by chance? hahaha so fuckin ugly, they arent bad looking cars i think but he ruined it with too many spray can sessions.

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
theres a dude in my home town that dude that!! was it yellow by chance? hahaha so fuckin ugly, they arent bad looking cars i think but he ruined it with too many spray can sessions.
I think it was red. It didn't look TOO bad. lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have never seen this, hmpft. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open more often.

Take it as a compliment, no? Genesis's have really nice interiors, I am a fan of their cars.
I really do love their interiors. I thought about buying one but that was before I realized I could actually afford an evo. I have owned awd turbo mitsu's my hold life and nothing else.

FYI the Evo crowd does the same with GTR, seriously. There is a thread now about who is gonna buy one :) this is kinda funny.
This is true.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I liked the GenCoupe 'til I test drove it. It was a bit too loud and harsh for the amount of performance it offered in return for the harsh ride and noisy cabin. Then I knew the Evo was the right choice for just a little more cash if I would consider the Genesis.

·
Registered
456 Posts
previous genesis owner here. had a 2.0t track edition. had it up to 300 rwhp, it was a fun car. however, my first love was always the evo, and the second i got a good deal on one, i took it. miss that 27-28 mpg though, but i am much happier with my evo. i do miss the usb ports, which only started coming on the 11's, bastards...

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
Haha I used to have a Cobalt SS / TC...fast cars I tell ya. 5.4's easy 0-100km/h and good gas mileage. Don't go putting down the second fastest FWD car now :). Lol
me 2... dont knock the Cobalt SS/TC because you mess with the wrong one on the streets and that FWD cavalier will put cars on you

·
Registered
575 Posts
I understand the genesis owners because the turbo ones have the same engine as us (weaker of course) and most of them upgrade to EvoX injectors

·
Registered
817 Posts
I understand the genesis owners because the turbo ones have the same engine as us (weaker of course) and most of them upgrade to EvoX injectors
Actually the new genesis coupes are rocking a 3.8 and the track selected trim (highest) is pretty damn good. Bone stock, add a stage 2 to it with injectors and a protune it wouldnt be that bad. Keep in mind that I am not "defending" it like some dude defended the boss 302... I am just saying. Love my evo and will always love it. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.