Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after looking around and pricing them out I've settled on an all black 2012 Ninja 650. I thought about doing the GSXR 650 or 750 but the price on them is a little much for my taste. It's not my first bike but it'll be the first time in a long time that I've ridden. Gotta take it slow and I don't even have any gear anymore. My first bike was when I was about 10 years younger. I had a Yamaha 250 don't remember the model but it was an old beat up hand me down thing that hardly worked. It was ugly as sin and falling apart. Anyway, I'd say the Ninja 650 is a step up and will be plenty fun. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
gixxer750 hands down. i used to ride it and it was my favorite bike.
by the way dont ride with just shorts and t_shirt. gears are much more appropriate.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would highly recommend having a lojack if you get the bike, or have insurance. Take this advice from a stubborn that always thought that his bike was never gonna be stolen.

Just my 2cents!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got a flat white Aprilia RSV1000, its my 3rd Aprilia. Its hands down one of the best handling bikes there are. The 1000's handle like a 600 in the turns.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i have a gsxr 1100 - old school. i cant ever ride anything but a liter bike again. smaller bikes just dont have the power. id go with the gsxr 750 too. the 600 will leave you wanting.

·
[Team Evolved President]
1,899 Posts
I learned on a EX500 Kaw then went to a R1 loved the R1. Had that for 5 years and 40,000 miles sold that now I ride a 2004 Honda VFR. Great bike sounds great with a duel staintune exhaust and a power commander. Very cozy on long trips and it gets up when you need to. Wheelies are a little bit harder on the VFR. I say go 1000cc 600cc will get old quick.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aight yes I meant GSXR 600 but if I got one I'd get the 750. I'm not a big dude, I can't see how I'd want too much more than a 650. At least the 750 would be a bit bigger though. I'm pretty content on the Ninja 650. It's like 4k cheaper than the GSXR. I may just have to go look at em and sit on both.

I got one of those too Silicon. Mountain biking was something me and my ex did together. Now I just use it to ride with my daughter down the street.

·
Registered
580 Posts
how tall are you? the r1 seat height is like 32.8 if i remember correctly... thats a pretty tall bike.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im only 5'4" :)
I'm 5'9" and weight 160-170. Not sure how much really. Thanks for sharing the pics. I'll look at the 750 but I really wasn't wanting to spend that much on a bike. I am paying cash for this beast and still have some work to do on my car. Maybe I'll finish the car and get the bike further down the road. I dunno, we'll see.

So instead of having it narrowed down to a Ninja 650 now I'm looking at the following:
Ninja ZX-10R
Ninja ZX-6R
GSXR 750
YZF-R1
YZF-R6

·
Registered
217 Posts
Are you sure you want a 600?? haha I dont know you, but im sure after a couple of months you will want a 1000. Go for a GSXR 1000!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah dude, you will save money on the long run by not having to sell the 600 to get the liter bike. Post some pics when you get it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts