Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd toss in some real world info for you guys. I installed the girodisc 2 piece rotors on my MR today to replace the beat up OEM ones. The OEM ones have held up well. Multiple track days and no cracks. However, I overheated the brakes at Laguna Seca in December, and they are starting to wear thin and are no longer smooth. Installation was a piece of cake. I still have to bed them in and try it out at the track. However, I was able to weigh worn out OEM vs girodisc on a scale.

OEM MR - 20.5lbs
girodisc - 17.5 lbs

6 lb total unsprung weight savings. Not bad. Sorry about the cruddy phone pics.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Good weight savings. I will do the same setup when my stOck rotors go.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Btw, did you get your AFPR yet?
I haven't. I'm waiting to see if there's any change in AFR during the pressure drop to see if I want to dive into another potential 'endless' project.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How much does girodisc charge for just their replacement rings once you have their hats?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
If I remember correctly (this is probably wrong, call Girodisc to confirm), its about 250$ per ring on the fronts, and 175$ for the rears. So, 850$ for a complete front and rear service. You can send them the rotor/hats and they'll replace all the hardware and rings, or you can just get the parts shipped to you, but you'd have to pay someone to turn them to make sure the rotors are flat.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Each ring, or for the pair (wishful thinking)?
lol, each ring. You basically get a whole axle pair 1-piece for less than the price of a single blank plus service. For the longest time I was under the impression that 2-piece rotors pay in the long run even from an economy standpoint, but I was wrong. I came to the conclusion they would be too expensive for many to run.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.