Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Gloss Black CF or Flat Black vinyl roof?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really like the look of a black vinyl roof on a WW Evo X. Im planing on doing the install with a buddy but I cant decide which brand to use. I know quite a few people have vinyl roofs on this forum and I would just like some input. I dont know if I should go with a glossy black carbon fiber look, or just go with a flat black vinyl. I want a black roof, but I dont want a glossy black. I also dont know about flat black, it looks good IMO but then I saw the pics of V8eaters Gloss Black CF roof, and it looks great. I dont know what to do!!! Opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the input so far. I am leaning towards Satin black. I just dont know which company to order it from. Im kind of afraid to order from 3m because it has to be applied dry... I dont know if I would feel comfortable installing it without the security of water.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
225 Posts
3M di-noc Carbon Fiber Vinyl

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thats actually my girl with the GTR! Haha nice find. You should see the GTR now....unreal. I vote the glossy carbon fiber 3M. That is what I have on. Depending on the lighting it changes the look of it which i love. Sometimes it looks flat black when there is cloud cover or dusk and then if the sun is shining it gets the glossy look. Here are a couple more pics for you of it...

·
Registered
456 Posts
:+1::+1:

Where can I buy this?
eBay,just make sure you get 3m di noc and not some shitty overpriced junk they sell on websites call "prowraps.com" or "wrapthatshit.com". Those are not real webz but it's just a FYI.

You will need 4x6 for our roof, 4x6 runs about 100-120. The cheapest I could find back in the day locally was 120 from a friend. Also the install is homosexually gay. Take your time and do it right or let a pro do it. My friend did it for 80 bucks and they even took our the two long pillars on the roof.

I went with Matt black look, it looks nice simple and clean. And if you wipe it down with some mother black, it will look very nice and shiney

1 - 13 of 13 Posts