Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

The rim / wheel market in Norway is very poor, so im looking for some good ( and trustworthy ) webpages that sell rims for the Evolution X. Preferrably 19 or 20" rims

Can you recommend me your favourite online store ?

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update ; i found some wheels/rims i fell in love with but i need some help from you guys

Can anyone confirm 100% that these will fit on my 2008 GSR ? The car selector in the page only let me choose an Evo IX

http://www.elementwheels.com/proddetail.asp?prod=lex-r062010chr

These rims are 20"x10 ( dont know the english term for the 10 number sorry, but on my current rims i have 19" x8,0 )
Will the 10 fit on the Evo X ?

I know bolt pattern is 5x114,3 but there is also a number here i dont understand, is that just in inches ? it says 5x4,5 / 114,3 ( is the 4,5 the measurement in inches? )

Also i can choose from different sizes in "Offset" which is 20-25-30mm . Which of these do i need?

Desperate need of help here due to the language barriers , cheers guys

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
You have 19x8 wheels? WHY?!

Yes 10" will fit, hell 10.5 or even 11" will fit if you roll the fenders. If you go 10+" wide then aim for a lower offset in the teens. For 9.5" wide aim for somewhere in the 20's.

I wouldnt buy 20's it looks so dumb on this car. Even 19's look bad, go for 18"

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I didnt buy them for the evo , i had them from my previous car which was a 98 eclipse gsx , and according to the 5x114,3 they would fit bolt on

Also, i am not a smart man
Your car will actually accelerate and brake slower with those heavy, skinnier wheels you have on right now. Go with 18x9.5 w/ +20 something offset, or 18x10 if you want it to be "flush" w/ the fenders.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Your car will actually accelerate and brake slower with those heavy, skinnier wheels you have on right now. Go with 18x9.5 w/ +20 something offset, or 18x10 if you want it to be "flush" w/ the fenders.

Im going for the 20x10 rims :)

Can you tell me what offset you recommend with rims that big ?

Also how big tires should i get, ElementWheels.com recommends 255/30/20 but i can always buy other tires

Also , will i encounter other problems with rims that big ?, except for lowered comfort obviously. I use the car as my family car, driving the kids etc, i never drag nor do i plan to increase the horsepower

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Im going for the 20x10 rims :)

Can you tell me what offset you recommend with rims that big ?

Also how big tires should i get, ElementWheels.com recommends 255/30/20 but i can always buy other tires

Also , will i encounter other problems with rims that big ?, except for lowered comfort obviously. I use the car as my family car, driving the kids etc, i never drag nor do i plan to increase the horsepower
Why did you buy and Evo X????? Just curious...out of all the cars you could have bought that would look great with 20's and are more family/dd oriented. Why buy a rally inspired sports sedan that literally craves more power? Why deal with the roughness? Are you just trying to rile people up? Trying to be different? I'm curious.

·
Registered
404 Posts
wheeldude.com

·
aka jeremy.england
878 Posts
op should start a website. toolbagsanonymous.com no seriously though get the f*** outta here with your will 20x10 fit. i think you should just go ahead and buy an suv and do 30s. then when i see you on the highway ill know its you.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Welcome back, paulekas.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.