Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got my sister to loosey translate a bit, since she doesn't really know much about cars this is all the information I got:

1. The guy in gold hair loves it, he mentioned about 5 times how much he loves the evo x

2. It is a very fun car to drive, he also mentioned this around 5 times in the whole vid ,including SST.

3. While he was taking corners he mentioned something really "hard", not sure if he can take the corners really aggressively or it is hard to brake loose the tail (with all the electronic nannies on)

4. While he drive the X in circles, he said it doesn't understeer one bit.

5. This one is a bit hard, but here goes. ASC will brake for you when necessary, if you turn it off, it will reactivate after 3 seconds if it is not in use? Not sure what that means.

6. Here is the most interesting part. The evo x equipped with SST they got did not come with launch control, BUT you can launch the car by brake torquing.

(I am not sure if JDM SST doesn't come with launch control or if they model they got doesn't have launch control implemented yet)

7. When the 9 and X ran head to head, they said the 9 is lighter...

Overall, the gold hair dude loves it, he can't stop saying how fun it is.

Well, thats about as much as my sister can translate. Hope it helps!

This mini preview kind of changed my view of this car, even though it is not as fast as I had hope for (straight line performance) it looks hella fun! I am excited again!

cheers guys :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Jackygor, you are on a roller coaster ride with your feelings for this car! :) I know you will love it, just make sure you get it in the right colour!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jackygor, you are on a roller coaster ride with your feelings for this car! :) I know you will love it, just make sure you get it in the right colour!
Haha! I can't take this anymore! How about you? What do you think of the Evo X with the recent MT article? It doesn't really bother me since we have no Evo ( to compare to.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Haha! I can't take this anymore! How about you? What do you think of the Evo X with the recent MT article? It doesn't really bother me since we have no Evo ( to compare to.
Likewise, I'm not too bothered by it. I just don't yet know if the Evo X is the car for me based on utility. I'm trending away from it more and more just because I have a family and anything I drive should have some capability to carry kids and their stuff (not to mention that for work I sometimes take a large box or bucket of stuff to my customers during a sales visit, and the Evo just will not do that very easily). Maybe the upcoming Lancer Ralliart is more what I should consider. Or the Imprexa WRX wagon. The STI looks like it will be so bloated with fluff (Nav, DVD entertainment, etc.) and at such a high price, I think I'd be better off getting a BMW or Benz for a similar price range. And recently my wife made the suggestion to get rid of the Escape Hybrid and move up to a 7-8 passenger crossover! I don't want to do that, cause then I'll have to go and buy another MINI to get my go-kart handling (TM) fix. :) No decisions yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.