Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn't exactly "new" But its a 2011 with 35 miles on it! ^.^

It's a silver MR & I'm loving it so far. Not sure how far I should push it until it "breaks in".

Does anyone have any advice for a new owner? D:

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's about as new as they come, mine had 10k miles on it. Congratulations! :clap:

Advice: get a radar detector. Mine paid for itself in one roadtrip.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
if you get cold winters, swap our your stock summer tires for some good all season or dedicated winter/snow tires if your climate necessitates it...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you get cold winters, swap our your stock summer tires for some good all season or dedicated winter/snow tires if your climate necessitates it...
I live in Texas so it usually doesn't get under 20 during a hard winter. I'm thinking I'm going to need mud flaps or something though. Some of the roads where I live suck and have gravel laying all over them.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
1) Get an oil change after first 1000 miles. Do it for the Tranny as well even though recommended intervals are pretty far out.
2) Get an alignment immediately
3) Do not drive on stock Advans in winter at all! Get winter tires or don't drive it at all.
4) Get stock Panasonic battery tested for health if they did not already put in an Optima Red Top or something like that.
5) Donate to the TCU Development Thread.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I dont know if they fixed this issue in the newer models but check and make sure the fuel relay isnt black. green or blue is good (I prefer blue).

congratulations!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1) Get an oil change after first 1000 miles. Do it for the Tranny as well even though recommended intervals are pretty far out.
2) Get an alignment immediately
3) Do not drive on stock Advans in winter at all! Get winter tires or don't drive it at all.
4) Get stock Panasonic battery tested for health if they did not already put in an Optima Red Top or something like that.
5) Donate to the TCU Development Thread.
I'm just wondering whats so bad about the tires for winter use? I just blew alot of my money on a big down payment so I wouldn't be able to get new tires until right after the holidays.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
he said he lives in texas... so no worries there then!!

enjoy:thumbup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Soo... I know its a little early for this.. but... Is there anything I can do to the car that will up the hp a little bit without voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Soo... I know its a little early for this.. but... Is there anything I can do to the car that will up the hp a little bit without voiding the warranty?
Cat back exhaust is all you get to mod without officially voiding the engine warranty. Engine mods won't affect your "bumper to bumper", such as the FAST key. My FAST key's radio went out for the remote door unlocks, it was still covered.

1000 miles is the break-in period. Not only for the engine, it is also for the brake pads. The stock pads did not come pre-cured so that 1000 miles is important to get them hot without overheating them. They're pretty good pads, not so good as what the dealer wants to replace them tho!

The tires get hard and will "heat cycle" in the cold freezing temps. Not only should you not drive on them in sub-freezing temps for traction reasons, the tires should be stored in a place that's above freezing, away from electric motors (ozone is bad on rubber, odd that tires aren't that weather proof!)

And NICE choice of colors. Silver was my favorite, I had mine brought in from another dealer in a nearby state. it goes VERY well with my aftermarket "Chromium black" rims and CF hood. I'm not a Oakland Raiders fan at all, no stretch, but black-and-silver is a smart color combo.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm not sure because I haven't done it, but I think a K&N has about the biggest impact on this car over any car I have ever seen. Something like 20hp gain. It's insane. But I'm not 100% sure if it will void the warranty or not.

But I love my Evo in stock form, I'm not super competitive with it so modding it is not a priority yet. After 6 months of driving it, I'm still learning about it's nuances.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.