Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, I've been driving in New Jersey with no License plate up front for over ten years without a hassle. I HATE the look! Well guess what happened this morning. I felt it once I saw his car, I just new he would grab me for this. So he does a U turn, and as I come out of WAWA he is there waiting. Not only do I have to ruin the front look of my car by mounting a plate, he tells me my registration was expired! I bought the car in April.....I was confused. Apparently since I transfered plates, it goes by the original registration. I wish I knew that.....I didn't get a notification in the mail because when I went online to renew, they still had my old address listed! FML Why do we need front plates if it's ok in other states not to have them in the front? I'm having a bad day:wtfsign::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
lol you made me laugh, its a state law period... easier for ppl to identify you and for cops to see your plate going the opposite way... and easier to make money off you when you have to renew 2 plates :D

Pennsylvania FTW!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
love being in nc and not needing it. Now we just have to do away with inspections (which will never happen but hey its worth dreaming about)

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Yep what pimplay said. In most states where you don't need it its generally illegal to back into a parking spot (enforcement is questionable) the point is the state is gonna get that money. 2xplates, 2x stickers etc.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
love being in nc and not needing it. Now we just have to do away with inspections (which will never happen but hey its worth dreaming about)
My girl lives in Michigan and they don't have inspections. Lucky

·
Registered
5,915 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
In NJ they have plate scanners in the police cars. So when you drive by they are not getting a scan on you. They can scan your plate and check Registration etc.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
In NJ they have plate scanners in the police cars. So when you drive by they are not getting a scan on you. They can scan your plate and check Registration etc.
Va too.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Front plate required in MD....sadly the dealership had already fucked my bumper and installed a bracket. :(

MD inspections are only required when the vehicle is purchased, but we have emissions in certain counties that is every few years. For any vehicle that can use a Cobb AP these are simple. ;)

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
Front plate required in MD....sadly the dealership had already fucked my bumper and installed a bracket.
Same here, but Idc about the holes in the bumper, I just plugged them and they dont bother me none... Other ppl are like omg I would be so pissed bla blah blah, I could care less

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Same here, but Idc about the holes in the bumper, I just plugged them and they dont bother me none... Other ppl are like omg I would be so pissed bla blah blah, I could care less
:+1:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I got a ticket for no front plate ~3 years ago, 2 years into owning the car. Cost me $90. I don't mind. It's a fair price to pay for breaking a law and not having to drill into the car. I still don't have a front plate and have no plans to get one. If the state would allow me to pay an extra $50 per year for no plate, I'd gladly do it. Since they won't, I'll just eat the next ticket.

No inspection is a horrible idea. I don't know about the rest of you, sharing the road with a POS with no brakes, etc wouldn't make me terribly comfortable.

·
Registered
455 Posts
kansas ftw. no inspections and no front plate. cops out here want to race you (sometimes) its pretty cool

·
Registered
983 Posts
Florida ftw. No front plates, no emissions inspection, and very lenient tint laws because of the strength of the sun.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Mostly the states that require them are states that are border states or states close to Canada and Mexico so you are easily recognized. I was unaware your state charged for renewing two plates. We only get charged registration fees, not for two plates. And the sticker goes in our windshield above the state inspection sticker. Charging for two plates seems a little excessive to me.

·
Registered
477 Posts
MD inspections are only required when the vehicle is purchased, but we have emissions in certain counties that is every few years. For any vehicle that can use a Cobb AP these are simple. ;)
What do you mean?

Mostly the states that require them are states that are border states or states close to Canada and Mexico so you are easily recognized. I was unaware your state charged for renewing two plates. We only get charged registration fees, not for two plates. And the sticker goes in our windshield above the state inspection sticker. Charging for two plates seems a little excessive to me.
There's only one registration fee and you get two stickers. No idea why someone would infer that you pay for each individual sticker.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts