Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dyno Sheet.jpg First off I'll say I am not experienced in tuning, and I dont want anyone thinking I am bad mouthing my tuner, or disregarding his knowledge, because he seemed very knowledgeable and i was recommended to him by many people. But yesterday I got my car dyno' d. 2014 Evo X on on a Dynocom 1.11 correction. My mod list is simple: ETS intake, ETS open dump dp, Catless test pipe, COBB EBCS, ETS Upper intercooler piping, and a cat back. Well, the "before pull" was before the 3 port was hooked up, which was was 370tq, and 340hp. tuner told me this is not normal and my car had likely been tuned in the past. My thoughts on it was just over boosting due to the cat less test pipe I threw on there. He also mentioned my rev limiter was messed with as it revved up past redline i think he said to 7500 rpm. Well anyways he did pulls, and the final pull ended up being 364hp and 344 tq. 344hp and 333 tq when heat soaked all at 25 psi. Another tuner saw my sheet and told me he thinks its too high for my mod list and that I should probably have it looked at. Part of me thinks this other tuner is upset I didnt choose him to tune my car but part of me thinks that its just not realistically safe to make that much power on those mods. The MAIN thing that bothers me is so many people recommended this tuner on my local forums and i was to trust him and I do. But now I have another highly reputable tuner saying its potentially dangerous. can anyone give me insight on this? I told my tuner from the get go i just wanted it safe. But now im hearing its probably not safe. I will say the car is running amazing and I havent seen any knock light or anything come on, and AFR's look to be fine too. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
930 Posts
364 WHP seems to be about the spot for a 93 octane evo on a dynojet. IDK how that translates to dynocom numbers, but food for thought.

General concensus is 350 for 93 and around 400 for E85 on stock turbo with FBO on a dynojet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 287484 First off I'll say I am not experienced in tuning, and I dont want anyone thinking I am bad mouthing my tuner, or disregarding his knowledge, because he seemed very knowledgeable and i was recommended to him by many people. But yesterday I got my car dyno' d. 2014 Evo X on on a Dynocom 1.11 correction. My mod list is simple: ETS intake, ETS open dump dp, Catless test pipe, COBB EBCS, ETS Upper intercooler piping, and a cat back. Well, the "before pull" was before the 3 port was hooked up, which was was 370tq, and 340hp. tuner told me this is not normal and my car had likely been tuned in the past. My thoughts on it was just over boosting due to the cat less test pipe I threw on there. He also mentioned my rev limiter was messed with as it revved up past redline i think he said to 7500 rpm. Well anyways he did pulls, and the final pull ended up being 364hp and 344 tq. 344hp and 333 tq when heat soaked all at 25 psi. Another tuner saw my sheet and told me he thinks its too high for my mod list and that I should probably have it looked at. Part of me thinks this other tuner is upset I didnt choose him to tune my car but part of me thinks that its just not realistically safe to make that much power on those mods. The MAIN thing that bothers me is so many people recommended this tuner on my local forums and i was to trust him and I do. But now I have another highly reputable tuner saying its potentially dangerous. can anyone give me insight on this? I told my tuner from the get go i just wanted it safe. But now im hearing its probably not safe. I will say the car is running amazing and I havent seen any knock light or anything come on, and AFR's look to be fine too. Thanks everyone.
Update

Two days after my tune, my car starting running extremely lean on spool up and not producing boost. I contacted my tuner and he said that I should go to his shop to have him check it out. He also recommended I purchase a fuel pump and bring it with just in case mine was going out. I started to feel like my tuner wasn’t giving me the best advice, so I took my car to another guy. He looked at my tune and found that “lean spool” was enabled on my tune, and also found the first tuner did not touch the mivec, so it wasn’t even running at its full potential, but nothing else was really unsafe. I told him to please just make the necessary adjustments to my car and he did a bit of tweaking and it has been running flawlessly now since February. Spools so much faster, power feels extremely steady through the entire powerband. I do believe that my car probably read higher since I was on a dynocom, but there were some things my tuner missed. It was kind of a mess getting it tuned but it’s been running great so everything is good now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts