Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please check there evo 10 for me I found this pile up of grease on the rear axel where it goes into the diff please help :) thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
It’s normal that there’s grease from the CV axle. The boot leaks grease normally when the car is older.

I’d clean the area up and check on it a later time, it’s not too big of a deal if only a bit of grease comes out. It’ll be a problem when you lose enough grease and the CV joint runs dry.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much I really appreciate your help means a lot feel so much at ease now have a great day 😊

·
Registered
345 Posts
Like he said, it's pretty normal for the design that Mitsu used. It's probably like that on the front too.

You can remove that clamp, pump some more grease back in and use a better one to seal it properly. Just search on here and EvoM. There are few how-to's. I did it on my last X. I need to do it on my current one too..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like he said, it's pretty normal for the design that Mitsu used. It's probably like that on the front too.

You can remove that clamp, pump some more grease back in and use a better one to seal it properly. Just search on here and EvoM. There are few how-to's. I did it on my last X. I need to do it on my current one too..

Thanks so much I’ll have a look into it, sounds all good no noises Appreciate your help have a great day thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts