Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
The car is 2012 evo x gsr.
The car was installed with this greddy profec b spec 2 EBC.
if it was up to me i would have never bought this thing, but its not my car.

whats happening is while under 100% throttle there is a relay under the dash clicking rapidly. not sure what relay it is due to this only happening while the car is driving. can anyone relate or understand what is happening in this situation?

I believe the MR comes stock with a switch that will increase the boost. no? if it does, would this switch be able to be installed with the stock GSR Boost solenoids?

What is the best way to increase boost without having the ecu worked utilizing the factory boost controller?

Is anyone running a MBC? My experience is only with this type of BC.

Last, does anyone know how to get this thing to work right? the car is factory besides this single mod. i have read many would say ditch any aftermarket BC and return it to stock, but again its not my car. any input would be appreciated. i've been all over forum after forum youtube and ended up making this post. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
an audible clicking relay? could be the relay that the greddy uses. none of the stock ones should make any noise.

personally i would sell the greddy and i would use a 3 port boost controller. it is exceptional for controlling boost on these cars and it is quite the bargain. it will require you to adjust a couple of tables in the ecu but it's pretty easy if you have a tactrix openport or cobb accessport.

some folks will use an MBC. it works but im not a fan.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Looks like the Greddy is just a 3 port with its own controller. Where is the solenoid mounted? The plunger inside the solenoid might be what you're hearing...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Its the Greddy solenoid. I had this set up on old turbo'd celica, completely normal. If you don't like the clicking look for a better place to mount the solenoid. Someplace where its not metal on metal. I put my 3port on the evo right where the stock solenoid was.
yeah I believe it's the solenoid that's causing the clicking. grimmspeed was really smart to use the stock boost controller bracket because it has thick rubber washers to isolate the noise. on the RA, either the bracket is different or my old tuner threw it out when he first installed a boost pill, so the 3port was installed on one of those studs right under the windshield (above firewall) - and caused that annoying clicking

thankfully, they sell these seperate from the dealer. I ordered a set back when I had my RA, never used them (traded the car in) - but they cost practically nothing. You could try ordering a pair of those washers and get some metal to make your own bracket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts