Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m experiencing a rattling/grinding noise that comes from the power train. It occurs when I rev the engine in neutral or when I am engine braking. I have attached a video that I posted that you can clearly hear the noise in question if you have any suggestions, or do you think you know whether it’s a grinding or a rattling noise, please let me know. Please disregard the high-pitched whining, that is a separate issue with the power steering. I have an aftermarket downpipe and I am hoping the noise is just a loose gasket connecting the downpipe to the manifold.
Link to video
Thank you

·
Registered
310 Posts
I’m experiencing a rattling/grinding noise that comes from the power train. It occurs when I rev the engine in neutral or when I am engine braking. I have attached a video that I posted that you can clearly hear the noise in question if you have any suggestions, or do you think you know whether it’s a grinding or a rattling noise, please let me know. Please disregard the high-pitched whining, that is a separate issue with the power steering. I have an aftermarket downpipe and I am hoping the noise is just a loose gasket connecting the downpipe to the manifold.
Link to video
Thank you
sounds like an exhaust rattle somewhere touching something or a heat shield is hitting or vibrating somewhere under the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts