Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the GTR to get tuned at HP Logic in Wellington, FL last Friday, and I thought I'd share the results:

500 awhp
494 awtq

Video:

Thanks Jack @ HP Logic!

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
wow. nice. not bad for the small list of mods! congrats!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not by much.. GTR=3,800 lb, GSR=3517lb, MR=3594lb

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing is, Jeremy's evo runs, low 12s high 11s...I expect my GTR to run 11 flat, if not 10.9.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Does that have anything to do with the way the AWD shifts toward the rear in a straight line? Also, your torque is probably better.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does that have anything to do with the way the AWD shifts toward the rear in a straight line? Also, your torque is probably better.
I honestly don't know how the power transfer affects the acceleration.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
I honestly don't know how the power transfer affects the acceleration.

- Power transfer, or as Nissan more specifically calls it "Torque Split", is going to be mostly (90%) to the rear wheels while under heavy acceleration in a straight line.

- My X MR ran 12.2's with a FP Red and Stock Motor.....NOT my current set up.

- Also note: The recent removal of throttle plate reduction with the MR launch control. I haven't tried going back to the 1/4 mile yet, but it should help big time getting lower ET's.

- Fun Facts:

My X MR makes 478 whp/424 wtq @ 30 psi, 93 oct. (Mustang)
My GT-R makes 510 whp/497 wtq @ 15 psi, 93 oct. (DynoJet)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
- Power transfer, or as Nissan more specifically calls it "Torque Split", is going to be mostly (90%) to the rear wheels while under heavy acceleration in a straight line.

- My X MR ran 12.2's with a FP Red and Stock Motor.....NOT my current set up.

- Also note: The recent removal of throttle plate reduction with the MR launch control. I haven't tried going back to the 1/4 mile yet, but it should help big time getting lower ET's.

- Fun Facts:

My X MR makes 478 whp/424 wtq @ 30 psi, 93 oct. (Mustang)
My GT-R makes 510 whp/497 wtq @ 15 psi, 93 oct. (DynoJet)

I agree, but is it enough to beat a GTR?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your GTR has a ton of what's called "area under the curve." An Evo at the exact same WHP peak will have a lot less of this "area under the curve."

It's the nature of the beast when you put a 2.0L with a large turbo up against a 3.8L with a pair of turbos.
Hmmmm...integrals!?!?! Jk.

Ya, I figured that would have something to do with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts