Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
why not aquamist hsf 6? just curious to hear your opinion on that.

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
The AEM kit is pretty much the epitome of a simple system. No built in fail safes. It's pretty crappy in functionality compared to some of the other names.

·
Palindrome
1,132 Posts
good read /install / tips ........:thumbup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
You are one busy little Mod'er. Nice job.

Like the clean stealth look in the trunk. One thing you could consider is swapping tanks - make the water/meth tank your window washer and your window washer for your water/meth. Depends how much windshield washer fluid you use.

Reactions: xnoitulos

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #107

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
One thing to remember on meth install, is that there are a massively high number of different ways to do it.

For example, Hollywood's method of ripping into the middle of the car? Doesn't appeal to me at all, but clearly it's a viable way of doing it. You can route everything under the car and avoid that pain, and still have a perfectly fine functioning system.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
One thing to remember on meth install, is that there are a massively high number of different ways to do it.

For example, Hollywood's method of ripping into the middle of the car? Doesn't appeal to me at all, but clearly it's a viable way of doing it. You can route everything under the car and avoid that pain, and still have a perfectly fine functioning system.
Are you talking about the wiring? Or something else?

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
The wiring, yeah. In mine, I just ran an extension cord (two leads) under the car, tight against the frame w/ the methanol line, up and around the driver's door jam to do the electrical connections from the AEM box to the pump.

Yours is clearly a lot cleaner, prettier, much better done, but shit man, removing the seats? That's a lot of work, compared to snaking an extension cord :p

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
looks good man!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello looking for some help,
I have AEM controller for 30-3300, is it possible to do the tephra meth safe connection with the green wire (boost-safe) or is only possible with the controller which includes the blue wire (external map)? Thanks!!

101 - 115 of 115 Posts