Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Evolution X GSR (SSS)
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in entering a local hill climb here in Oregon. (http://www.eescc.org/hillclimb.cfm)

The rules mention: "All entrant cars must have shoulder harnesses or straps in addition to the seat belts. Any car that has an aftermarket race seat or fixed back seat installed must have MINUMUM of a three point harness installed instead of stock belts."

I am wondering what my best option would be to comply to this rule. I am reading that Schroth is a popular choice, but not sure where to begin. Any suggestions would help. BTW, I don't plan on running harnesses on the street, no need for that. And I would only be doing a few track days a year in the Evo (more on the motorcycle :). So I'd like something that could clip in and out without any major modifications while being low cost (relatively). Thanks guys!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I am interested in entering a local hill climb here in Oregon. (http://www.eescc.org/hillclimb.cfm)

The rules mention: "All entrant cars must have shoulder harnesses or straps in addition to the seat belts. Any car that has an aftermarket race seat or fixed back seat installed must have MINUMUM of a three point harness installed instead of stock belts."

I am wondering what my best option would be to comply to this rule. I am reading that Schroth is a popular choice, but not sure where to begin. Any suggestions would help. BTW, I don't plan on running harnesses on the street, no need for that. And I would only be doing a few track days a year in the Evo (more on the motorcycle :). So I'd like something that could clip in and out without any major modifications while being low cost (relatively). Thanks guys!
Scroth Rallye 4 works really well - just mounts to the stock seat belt mounts in front and rear. It really holds you in place on track. When I'm on the road I just disconnect the connector, fold the straps behind the seat, and use the regular seat belts.

·
Registered
2011 Evolution X GSR (SSS)
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scroth Rallye 4 works really well - just mounts to the stock seat belt mounts in front and rear. It really holds you in place on track. When I'm on the road I just disconnect the connector, fold the straps behind the seat, and use the regular seat belts.
Sounds like the option for me. As for the price, the Schroth site lists them for 170. Is this where you got yours?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sounds like the option for me. As for the price, the Schroth site lists them for 170. Is this where you got yours?
I think I got them direct from Schroth - can't really remember. Either that or SoloPerformance - price is the same.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
what ever you will planning to buy, make sure you WILL contact with the scruteneer or the organization about your future purchase and idea. They will happy to talk about it and give you guidence.

Do not buy anything without consult them. That way you will def. buy something what will work the best and will pass inspection.

Also give them at least 3 option, there for they have to explain why they would pick and why . So at least you will have an educated opinion too.
After all this , you will buy probably the best parts (belts in this case) what is posible in your situation.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.