Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far that's 3 different HP numbers we've heard about for the X, 274, 295 and 315. I'm beginning to think I was right about Mitsu releasing false numbers to keep Subaru from knowing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
13.8 1/4 mile is pretty lame, and a 102 mph trap speed suggests there isn't much power being made. Hell, my bone stock '88 Mustang 5.0 (which only had about 215 bhp under the new SAE standard) was pulling 97-98 in the 1/4 mile.

C&D usually gets good times, hopefully this tester as down on power or the track was poor, or something.

·
Administrator
24,306 Posts
13.8 1/4 mile is pretty lame, and a 102 mph trap speed suggests there isn't much power being made. Hell, my bone stock '88 Mustang 5.0 (which only had about 215 bhp under the new SAE standard) was pulling 97-98 in the 1/4 mile.
I agree. 13.8 is weak for an evo. However, we don't know how good the driver was. But regardless of the driver, trap speeds shouldn't change much; and a 102 trap speed fails to impress me. Hell, my Mazda Protege MP3 was running 108mph two years ago, and is probably faster now.

It's not the end of the world, nor is it a deal breaker for me. After all, the car handles better, and seems to be a better car all-round. So it could use more power...no problem...I was gonna fuck with that anyway. :) My MP3 was a mid 16 second car from the factory, and now churns out at least low 13s (and possibly high 12s nowadays).

I'd like to run 11s in my X, so I have two seconds to chop off. No biggie.

C&D usually gets good times,
I dunno, I usually see them with pretty weak times. IIRC, they tested the evo VIII MR in the mid 14s or so.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it is said in the article that it's a phototype and some things namely the S-AWD system wasn't finished. So hopefully they will make changes after seeing the disspointing reviews.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.