Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start having issue with my tranny Hearing some noise coming off the tranny+clutch. All happend after a two hour driving fifth gear started popping off, then i started hearing some shaving metal and some weard Noise when the car is idle and goes away when i press cluth. After that car grind fifth and some time 4th gear. Well yestarday i was on 3rd gear like 15mph something got lock inside the tranny and stop the car and shutoff, i start the car and try to put in first gear and nothing, Does't go into any gear only reverse. When i release the clutch with Car on neutral it try to start like is Into 3rd gear still and if i put the car in reverse does't move at all like if the ebrake Is on....! What do you guys think can be. I bought the car use 2.5 months ago with clutch suppostly some guy by ivey tune told me its a twin disk..! Sorry for the spell english is not my first language'. Give me some opinion iam so stressed rite now Thank :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had a cobalt SS where it started popping out of 5th. The 5th gear syncros where screwed up in that car and I'd hear a slight grind at times when i put it in 5th gear. That became more frequent. Then the popping out. When that starts happening it means the gear is most likely gone. All the teeth are so rounded or missing that it can't stay in gear no longer. At that point it means you got teeth and\or shavings in your tranny... which can lead to god knows what. I'm no expert though... but that's my experience if it helps.

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,650 Posts
I had the same issues with my X, but on my car 2nd gear was poping out. I had to replace syncros, 2 gears etc.. You should get that tranny out and send it to get it rebuild. At the dealer they are goin to pull your eyes out lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys. Will 60000 warranty cover that. I have extended warranty too, or is better fix it my own'. Like how much is rebuild the tranny on this evo x ?

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
if you still have warranty let the dealer do it. You can also go with this
not a vendor, pretty sure you're gonna be slapped on the wrist for that link!

EDIT: took it out!

·
Registered
291 Posts
As long as the dealership is willing to replace/fix the issue....stick with the factory replacement route.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$1300-1400 at a place like Jacks/Shep/TRE, etc. If you're paying someone to remove & reinstall it then that's the same cost as a clutch install. It'll be $2k by the time you are done.
Sound like around 2500 2800 with a new clutch :( any of those places near NJ..? And the rebuild price include the whatever parts damage?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts