Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So guys i already know what happend to my tranny. Simple as this, two pins went out one did a small crack on the case. Didnt know when and how. So tranny run out of oil and it got lock. Some of the syncros are worn and the bearing.. Thank god notting was broken inside!!!!!after all that d act 6 pack was worn too. And fk mitsubishi decline the warranty on me :(

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
So guys i already know what happend to my tranny. Simple as this, two pins went out one did a small crack on the case. Didnt know when and how. So tranny run out of oil and it got lock. Some of the syncros are worn and the bearing.. Thank god notting was broken inside!!!!!after all that d act 6 pack was worn too. And fk mitsubishi decline the warranty on me :(
They are horrible with warranties

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I hate to play devils advocate on this one cause I feel like you should always TRY to get anything covered no matter what under mitsu first and take your chances but honestly can you really be surprised they denied the claim? Well what ever doesn't kill you makes ya stronger right?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I hate to play devils advocate on this one cause I feel like you should always TRY to get anything covered no matter what under mitsu first and take your chances but honestly can you really be surprised they denied the claim? Well what ever doesn't kill you makes ya stronger right?
Yea im surprised couse i bought the car with the modifications. And they denied because of flywheel and boost control' ....!!they lie saying that everything was going to be under warranty when i was signing the contrat and shit....!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
^if they sold you a warranty & those parts were already on there when you bought the car (I'm guessing "Used"), then you should be able to have them cover whatever they warrantied in your contract (it would probably be considered an "implied warranty"). I'm no lawyer, but it seems like you would have some chance of a lawsuit against the dealer for selling you a warranty that they would never honor due to the condition of the car you bought from them..

it all depends on what your contract states though.. and what the warranty you bought says..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
^if they sold you a warranty & those parts were already on there when you bought the car (I'm guessing "Used"), then you should be able to have them cover whatever they warrantied in your contract (it would probably be considered an "implied warranty"). I'm no lawyer, but it seems like you would have some chance of a lawsuit against the dealer for selling you a warranty that they would never honor due to the condition of the car you bought from them..

it all depends on what your contract states though.. and what the warranty you bought says..
Yea u rite tomorrow i have a meeting with the general manager let see what happend'

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So guys mitsubishi is goin to pay for my labor on my problem ... Only thing they can do for me they said, well, ok so my tranny is goin to sheptrans this week and during that time i need to buy a clutch. Need advise with this im looking btw exedy stage 1 or 2 and spec stage 2,3 and act heavy duty. im looking for the one that can handle some launch at the track and street with 0 issue, last long, not lot chatter, DD, and not to expensive. ( my car is not making 400-500whp) and im coming from act 6 pack. i also thinking of upgrade the cmc, i saw magnun in a good price ssp is too expensive for me rite now also call map and the guys told me about a kit . Plis help me dont know which way to go yet :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Happy just got my babyx back after 1 month of headache and patiences....;( but shit happen. Now getting use to my new spec2+ clutch...! :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Happy just got my babyx back after 1 month of headache and patiences....;( but shit happen. Now getting use to my new spec2+ clutch...! :)
Glad to hear an evo owner is back on the road.

How much it cost you out of pocket in the end and where did you buy the clutch from

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Glad to hear an evo owner is back on the road.

How much it cost you out of pocket in the end and where did you buy the clutch from
Thanks :). Well it cost me 1700 for the use tranny, 590 new clutch got it from maperformance and 350 for mitsubishi fluit and install dedutible. 50 for new pins from sheptrans and 295 for installation by dogbox racing. :( mad money.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts