Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone into? do you run? bike? do you get your workouts on the weekends from doing 12 oz diminishing curls?

Do you go to the gym 5 times a week, or do you go for a walk twice a week?

Share your methods everyone!

Most of you know, I am getting more into the triathlon scene (not very competitive) but it is what I do to attempt to keep in good health. Also, in the winter I try to do alot of alpine (more pipe and park) skiing.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
When I have the time, I love to do yoga in addition to cardio and weights in the gym. Schools been getting in the way of this recently though. :(

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I have the time, I love to do yoga in addition to cardio and weights in the gym. Schools been getting in the way of this recently though. :(
I hear from a lot of people that yoga is a great thing to do, but with my current work and workout schedule, I can't seem to squeeze it in, maybe his spring I will. (it is free at my gym)

·
Registered
652 Posts
I workout! My brother was a certified (not sure which certs off hand) fitness trainer but he have been promoted to a higher position at his gym now he does not train no more
but still offers advice to me if I have any questions.
My workout consists of a variety of light cardio (treadmill - 45mins - 1hr), bench (free weights and machines), squats, pull-ups. I need to start doing more ab workouts. I have been working out (on and off) for the past 6 years. My problem is keeping it steady....some years I go 'gunho' steady 4 - 5 times weekly each month. Last year was a pretty bad year cause I went from working out 4 times weekly to working out 4 times a month. I am starting this year better off fair with working out 3 times weekly and usually build up from there, job traveling kind of sucks cause it knocks my schedule off sometimes, but still manage to do light workouts.

Every year we have a corporate challenge (http://www.corporatechallenge.com/) that I always participate. I don't do all the events due to schedule conflicts but I do participate in quite a few and it's hella fun!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every year we have a corporate challenge (http://www.corporatechallenge.com/) that I always participate. I don't do all the events due to schedule conflicts but I do participate in quite a few and it's hella fun!
this sounds like a great program for a company to have.

I personally have started lifting in just the last 3 months (a more triathlon specific variety of machines primarily) to help with my swimming, but what I love doing is hopping on the bike with some friend/family (I have a few freinds that ride, and my dad also) for 40 -60 miles on a weekend. My goal this year is going to be riding about 150-250 miles per week, and increasing my avg speed for 40+ mile rides from low 19's to about 22 mph.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am running a marathon this coming fall, in preparations for the WI IronMan triathlon 2009. Running is my weakest point of the three disciplines. The last 15k I ran was at 9 min miles, as can be seen on my athlinks page. Chris, are any of your races in that database? www.athlinks.com

·
Administrator
24,306 Posts
and how is the PUC lately? seems kind of quiet in there.. are you still up to it?
Yes, but I've been intermittent for the past 3 weeks or so

3 weeks ago I was a little sick. The week after that I was on vaca, and last week I had an arm injury, so I maybe did PUC twice a week for the past 3 weeks. I just got back today from doing some dips, and I've definitely gotten weaker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.