Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was on my way back from Amsterdam yesterday just got back into germany, i was cruising @ about 120 mph when i went up a hill...then Bang!! heard a pop!! + loud whistling and virtually no power!! I prayed that my turbo hadnt just gone!!

I thought to myself its gotta be an IC hose...

P240711_18.14_[01].jpg P240711_18.14.jpg

It was an IC hose that had just popped off due to the jubilee clip giving up, the only problem was i had 84 kms to drive with no power and no spare clips in the car!! GRRRRR.... made it home in the end!! couldnt drive over 80kmh!!

just invested in some really strong fatter jubilee clips.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Annnn I would like to live where ever you are lol

Was all that oil in your pipes?
yeah thats what must of blasted out of the pipes! oil went everywhere, all over my engine.

I would recomend to anyone to upgrade the clips, as the Mitsi OEM ones are too soft and flimsy, look at the way the thread bends when they are tightened up.

just bought some super strong ones today.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im still lossed, why is that much oil in your IC pipes
I was thinking the same, its not normal is it?

I did drive probably 50 miles like this as i had no way of tightening up the clips as they were totally shot.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
hell no its not normal.... a little splatter here and there is, but not all that, if i didnt see the title i would think a rod went through the block with all that oil

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hell no its not normal.... a little splatter here and there is, but not all that, if i didnt see the title i would think a rod went through the block with all that oil
the strange thing is my car is driving fine?? i do think my car is down on a bit of power and i think there is some tapping coming from the engine.

What could this be?

·
7,791 Posts
the strange thing is my car is driving fine?? i do think my car is down on a bit of power and i think there is some tapping coming from the engine.

What could this be?
It depends how much. There is always some oil in the intercooler pipes due to blow-by. A catch can will help reduce this. If there is heaps in there you might have blown a turbo seal but since you havent seen any smoke (light blue for oil) it sounds ok. unless you have noticed light blue smoke?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It depends how much. There is always some oil in the intercooler pipes due to blow-by. A catch can will help reduce this. If there is heaps in there you might have blown a turbo seal but since you havent seen any smoke (light blue for oil) it sounds ok. unless you have noticed light blue smoke?
theres no smoke, but i just fitted a new exhaust 6 days ago and the end pipes are covered in black soot already.

you guys are starting to make me feel worried now...:confused2:

·
7,791 Posts
back to UICP my buddy's evo 9 does the same thing at least once a week lol he tried different clamps but the same thing keeps on happening...just wanted to spill..
tell him to get one piece, not 2 diff pipes.. if that dont work weld it to the turbo ROFLMAO :bowlol:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tell him to get one piece, not 2 diff pipes.. if that dont work weld it to the turbo ROFLMAO :bowlol:
lol.... on a serious note, why the f**k did HKS split the pipes anyway??

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It allows some give for engine movement.
yeah i suppose, but the IC moves, theres still two more silicone hoses that are able to flex under engine movement, all they have made is a weakness in the system.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is an ass-ton of oil. I just had my pipe off this weekend, not a drop.
Hi Mump, ive had it off a few times and there has always been oil present.

What could be the cause? ive noticed tapping coming from the engine, but no smoke from the exhaust??:wtfsign:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts