Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Im from Columbus, Ohio. Im new to this forum, mostly spend my time searching the marketplace but I figured if stop in and introduce myself to my Lancer brothers and sisters..

Here is a list of my mods..followed by some current pics and you tube vids. Right now I have been car-less for about 2 weeks now, I burnt my OEM clutch, just couldnt handle the power.

RA Turbo @ 7psi
Evo FMIC w/ UICP
RA LICP
HKS SSQV III BOV
Injen CAI
AMS Straight Pipe to DC Sports Muffler -- No Resonators No Cat
SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch
AEM Wideband
AutoMeter Boost Gauge
RRM Pulley
RRM Springs
Tint
Plasti Dipped Rims
Redone Sound System including Kicker, Infinity, Sony etc. Everything is redone.

The pic of my Engine Bay was right after completion, havent gotten current pics with the Injen CAI yet. Waiting to get my car back :(

Major Clutch slippage in this vid, trying to shift, drive, hold phone at the same time..2 hands, 3 things

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
Something new.....interesting. How much you end up making?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something new.....interesting. How much you end up making?
Hasnt been dyno'd yet because of my massive clutch slippage issue, but as we speak the Stage 3+ is being installed, once its in, it will hit the dyno

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how is it tuned?
Flashed the ECU with a 2010 Evo X GSR rom, the install was done by me, a buddy and a member on 9glancers.com who was one of the first to do this build. He also gave me a safe tune to get home with this setup. When I got home I took it to my local motorsports shop. Highly reputable in Evo, DSM, and Suburu tuning...amazing tuner, did a great job

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Applied Tuning Solutions or IPS?

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Ah, that makes sense. Forgot about them.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, that makes sense. Forgot about them.
I kind of went in blind, not knowing what to expect. Glad I went with them..made me feel even better when I saw a smokin Lambo sitting on the lift in the garage. haha

Where you from in Ohio?

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
I kind of went in blind, not knowing what to expect. Glad I went with them..made me feel even better when I saw a smokin Lambo sitting on the lift in the garage. haha

Where you from in Ohio?
I'm about smack dab between Dayton and Cincinnati. Performance Theory ain't too bad.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm about smack dab between Dayton and Cincinnati. Performance Theory ain't too bad.
Nice, I grew up about 20 min north of Dayton in Sidney right in 75 haha...good to find some Evo owners in my area. I bought a Perrin Downpipe from Bandit09, he is from Dayton. He was the one that recommended PTM. Maybe we will run into each other some day, this is my first car since my Civic that I have been able to put some money into..which was like 6 years ago. Not sure how much you get into shows and meets but lmk if there is anything that comes up, Im missing that scene so much :(

·
Administrator
24,201 Posts
Flashed the ECU with a 2010 Evo X GSR rom, the install was done by me, a buddy and a member on 9glancers.com who was one of the first to do this build. He also gave me a safe tune to get home with this setup. When I got home I took it to my local motorsports shop. Highly reputable in Evo, DSM, and Suburu tuning...amazing tuner, did a great job
So how do you flash a GSR rom onto it? Do you just plug in, flash, and it's done? Or are there some tricks since you're starting from a regular lancer?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So how do you flash a GSR rom onto it? Do you just plug in, flash, and it's done? Or are there some tricks since you're starting from a regular lancer?
Pretty much, Using ECU FLash, you just flash the ROM onto the car..saved my OEM one just in case I ever go back to NA. But we had to go through a couple that finally worked for my car. After that you need to find the definition file for the ROM as well so you can edit the maps. Then just go from there. The biggest thing is making sure its tuned correctly. The OEM tuned Evo maps will not work well with the NA boosted cars. Everything is different.

Also when you do this it will give you the Service Engine light...there is really no way around it at this point.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Really sick build! I really like the BOV's noise, excuse my noobish questions, but do all HKS SSQV III BOVs sound like yours?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really sick build! I really like the BOV's noise, excuse my noobish questions, but do all HKS SSQV III BOVs sound like yours?
First it would depend if its Recirculating or Vent to Air. In our case, it should be Recirc. I cant imagine it being much different. If it was VTA then yes it would be hella louder.

·
Administrator
24,201 Posts
Pretty much, Using ECU FLash, you just flash the ROM onto the car..saved my OEM one just in case I ever go back to NA. But we had to go through a couple that finally worked for my car. After that you need to find the definition file for the ROM as well so you can edit the maps. Then just go from there. The biggest thing is making sure its tuned correctly. The OEM tuned Evo maps will not work well with the NA boosted cars. Everything is different.

Also when you do this it will give you the Service Engine light...there is really no way around it at this point.
Do you have the defs for the standard map in your ecu?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Oh but there is!!!

Find Carvs on the other forum in the Toronto Lancer Club.

He did this last year :) sorted everything out :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have the defs for the standard map in your ecu?
What do you mean by standard map...I have the files for my GSR Rom that I have flashed to my ECU if that is what you are asking.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh but there is!!!

Find Carvs on the other forum in the Toronto Lancer Club.

He did this last year :) sorted everything out :)
Interesting, Ill have to check this out and let my tuner know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts