Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i installed a turbo back exhaust on my 2008 evo x along with a boost gauge. i noticed when i open it up my boost spikes to about 25-26 psi then drops back down to 14 or so is this normal? idk where to go from here .. lmk if you have any suggestion thx in advance ...

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
These cars should be retuned as soon as you change from stock. Otherwise you will have issues with boost, fueling, knock, etc...

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
if you're just putting around town and not matting the throttle at every chance, you should be able to minimize the boost spikes and still use the car for transportation until the rest of your parts come in and you can get it tuned.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Guessing your rolling with test pipe?

if so your going to need a tune asap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes i do have the test pipe ... does that make a difference.... also everyone is saying i can still put the car around how about drive it for a while as long as i stay out of boost? had a snowboarding trip coming up and was planning on driving the x....

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I'd get all the parts...load them up in the car with all the tools i needed...drive to the tuner....put said parts on in parking lot...get tune! That way you wouldn't have to pay the labor or worry about your engine going boom on the way there. I live a few hours away from my tuner and this is how I would do it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
$350 a tune and this is why i am asking if its really that much of a risk then ill just leave it parked for the time being... but the dangerous part is running lean right so if its not then its fine ...correct?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.