Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car won’t start. Turns over but no fuel/spark. Yesterday was doing the same, checked both sensors (intake/exhaust) on oscilloscope and they were fine. Swapped them and car started fine but threw a code for “low input knock sensor circuit” (forget the code number). Drove it around all day, parked it and it won’t start again.

To note last week me being an idiot I hooked up booster cables backwards and boiled the battery. Something burned also as there was a strong smell in the car but not in engine bay. Tomorrow I’ll be checking all grounds and wires I can see and testing the sensors again. Anyone please help narrow this down, is it ecu? Wiring harness? Ground somewhere?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Checked the connectors for the sensors with a voltmeter, all is well, plugged them back in. Checked all wiring and grounds and seems to be ok. When I got to the battery it seems that it shifted on the little plate it sat on and the positive lead was touching the frame..... nice burn/weld mark on the body. Moved it over and car started just fine. The SES light is still on but I’ll get it cleared and see if it shows up again. I’ll update if it rides ok or keeps stuttering.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Eh, that's pretty bad what you did there. Damage could be anywhere. Reset the codes, and check the fuses.

Though I would actually look at the fuses in the engine compartment main terminal - the red plastic covered piece. There should be 3 or 4 massive fuses. But if they went, you wouldn't be able to have power to parts of the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you end up finding a fix?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts