Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got trapped today during a flash flood n only way out was to drive through a flooded road. The front of the car was underwater for a few seconds n my license plate n under tray got partially taken off. The engine bay was soaked and im letting it dry now. Could anything be damaged? Do I have to worry about hydrolock or what else should I be worried about? ??

·
Registered
982 Posts
hydrolock should only occur when water gets into your engine. (blow head/intake gaskets).

Do you have a CAI that wouldve sucked in some h2o

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
free engine wash.

you will be fine. i know its a different car, but i drove my RX8 completely under water, the front hood was covered by water, and water was sucked into the engine. I hooked it up to my friends jeep and he pull started me and it ran like a champ after

·
Registered
955 Posts
Like I said the best thing you can do is drive. The engine will get to 200 degs and the air will dry things out. Go for a long drive in the country and have fun.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Where were you if you don't mind sharing? Last night I just happened to be up til like 2:30am and periodically checked on my driveway because the street was completely flooding (think shallow river) and there was like a shore line creeping up my driveway a little bit more and more every 10-15 minutes. I was literally afraid I'd be swampin around my own house :(

(Chicago burbs)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Where were you if you don't mind sharing? Last night I just happened to be up til like 2:30am and periodically checked on my driveway because the street was completely flooding (think shallow river) and there was like a shore line creeping up my driveway a little bit more and more every 10-15 minutes. I was literally afraid I'd be swampin around my own house :(

(Chicago burbs)
I was driving through that at around 2:30ish, it was bad out last night!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts