Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up what I believe to be a Blouch 2.0XT. I checked all the part numbers ect and was just wondering how can you distiguish this turbo from being a stock turbo other than the turbine? Would appreciate some assistance so I know if I should return it or not. I would ask my tuner or blouch themselves but they are all closed on the weekends.

Some of the part numbers are exhaust side 78-13096 8954 bottom of exhaust side is KN2.

Would appreciate any assistance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Audi RS3 Stage 2 Unitronic Tune 93 Octane
1,943 Posts
Try calling blouch?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the plan once they are open. I would just like to indentify it as soon as possible so I can start the return process. I wasnt sure if anyone could identify it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
clearly stock frame, clearly NOT stock wheel. looks like a billet wheel. could it be FP?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Razorlab,

I checked both STM's site as well as Blouch's site. The Dominator 2.0XT does come with a Garrett 11 blade compressor wheel as you see on this turbo. So I thought it would be safe to assume that it is a blouch turbo.

5,215 Posts
Razorlab,

I checked both STM's site as well as Blouch's site. The Dominator 2.0XT does come with a Garrett 11 blade compressor wheel as you see on this turbo. So I thought it would be safe to assume that it is a blouch turbo.
You are looking or counting wrong, the blouch turbos do not have 11 blade Garrett GTX wheels.

http://www.bptstore.com/Evolution-X-Dominator-20XT_p_116.html

Garrett 11 blade wheel:

12 blade "dual" blade compressor wheel.

Save
Save
Save
Save

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Razorlab,

I completely get what you are seeing and why you would think that. But you are looking at a generic picture of the turbo. And you are counting the blades from the picture. So i get why you think that but sadly you are in correct. Just read the description of the turbo on Map performace and it makes it pretty clear.

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...-turbocharger-mitsubishi-evo-x-evox-dom-2-0xx

Within the listing itself (look at the picture you posted) its the same one. Then read the description where it cleary states where it comes with a Garrett 11 Turbine Wheel.

Here is another posting same picture as you posted and in the description states the same thing map states. https://deftmotion.com/blouch-dominator-2-0xt-evo-x/

I am not trying to be rude I get you are counting the blades in the image, I did the same thing at first. But just wanted to clear this up.

Regardless plan to call Blouch tomorrow.

5,215 Posts
I dunno what to tell you, you come here asking a question but don't like the answer. Seems illogical.

I've installed and tuned dozens of dom 2's at this point. The turbo has been out for almost ten years at this point.

The Dominator 1 and 2 use the 12 blade "Dual" blade compressor wheel. Unless they JUST changed the compressor wheel, I can tell you that is the truth. I've seen it with my own eyes multiple times.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Razorlab,

I completely get what you are seeing and why you would think that. But you are looking at a generic picture of the turbo. And you are counting the blades from the picture. So i get why you think that but sadly you are in correct. Just read the description of the turbo on Map performace and it makes it pretty clear.

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...-turbocharger-mitsubishi-evo-x-evox-dom-2-0xx

Within the listing itself (look at the picture you posted) its the same one. Then read the description where it cleary states where it comes with a Garrett 11 Turbine Wheel.

Here is another posting same picture as you posted and in the description states the same thing map states. https://deftmotion.com/blouch-dominator-2-0xt-evo-x/

I am not trying to be rude I get you are counting the blades in the image, I did the same thing at first. But just wanted to clear this up.

Regardless plan to call Blouch tomorrow.
Are you confusing the compressor and turbine wheels? The images only show the compressor wheel whereas the turbine wheel is described in the description.

·
aka CZ4A
85 Posts
I have a Blouch Dominator 2.0XT on my car I bought new from Blouch last February. I can say with 100% that original turbo is NOT one.

My blades look like the ones in Razorlab's pics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Razorlab,

My apologies what I have realized via clev 0095 that I was confusing the compressor and turbine wheels. Appreciate all the info from you guys here hopefully after I contact Blouch I can get some info on this.

I am just trying to see if its something worth putting on my car of its some trash that I need to return. Not very knowledgable on the turbo side of things as this is my first time dealing with an aftermarket set up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Or actually better yet. Can someone here preferebly Razorlab give me their opinion if they would keep this turbo or return the item. Main concern is I dont really know what I recieved I know the MHI exhaust housing is legit etc. But I am just not sure what I got into and would rather return it if there is a chance of it having a negative affect on my car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Razorlab,

I finally tracked it all down. It was built by a company called SoCall porting. Seems similiar to a turbo lab build as you stated before. I spoke to my tuner and he told me it wasnt something he would mess with personally since we really dont know whom built it. I returned it and got a full refund. Just going to save that money until can get what I really want! Thanks for the assistance!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts