Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here is the deal, I lost all the fast keys to my X, now I cant start it..

The problem is, there are no Mitsubishi dealers in my country, so its impossible for me to take it there lol.. My question is, can I swap the Fast keys and immobilizer ecu with a NON fast key immobilizer ecu and regular keys? or do i need to do something else?

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
What would a car thief do if he loaded up an Evo X with FAST key onto a flatbed and hauled it off then tried to figure out how to get it running later?

Kidding.

Can you ship the ECU off to get reprogrammed with 10 new FAST keys in case you lose another 9? I don't even know what controls the FAST key programming... is it something in the center console, steering column or the ECU itself?

·
Registered
206 Posts
You don't need mitsubishi to program keys... what country are you in? You will need OEM fastkeys with a specific set of serial numbers that will work on evolution's.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Get new ones.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
no location
1 post
asking about vehicle security..

yeh...

·
Registered
4 Posts
You don't need mitsubishi to program keys... what country are you in? You will need OEM fastkeys with a specific set of serial numbers that will work on evolution's.
I am in Paraguay, and what would I have to do?

Get new ones.
I'm guessing the used one I bought off ebay won't work then.. lol.. can I buy them from the dealer with my VIN and have it pre-programmed?

no location
1 post
asking about vehicle security..

yeh...
sorry man, didn't do the proper presentation in the forum, but I am located in Asuncion, Paraguay.. You can give me a call anytime, +595981242526 is my cell phone number..

·
aka jeremy.england
878 Posts
no!
you can take that car back to where you stole it from...

as long as you can get into the car i think there are directions on how to program fast keys in the owners manual

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no!
you can take that car back to where you stole it from...

as long as you can get into the car i think there are directions on how to program fast keys in the owners manual
Stole it? Whats the matter man?? I'm having some serious trouble here, reach out for some help and I get treated as a robber..

The car is open, and I don't have the owners manual..

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Well, here is the deal, I lost all the fast keys to my X, now I cant start it..

The problem is, there are no Mitsubishi dealers in my country, so its impossible for me to take it there lol.. My question is, can I swap the Fast keys and immobilizer ecu with a NON fast key immobilizer ecu and regular keys? or do i need to do something else?
Entonces que es esto? Sounds to me like you lose alot of stuff, huh?
http://www.nipon.com.py/

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Brick thru the window and screw driver in the ignition...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
There a few dealers not tooo far you can try. There is one in Argentina and another in Brazil I think. The one in Argentina isn't as far from Asuncion it looks like from a map. Might be worth take a couple of hour drive there and having them take a look. They don't necessarily have to have Evo's to help you. The regular Lancer's also come with fast key as an option. That would be my best guess. Goodluck.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
There a few dealers not tooo far you can try. There is one in Argentina and another in Brazil I think. The one in Argentina isn't as far from Asuncion it looks like from a map. Might be worth take a couple of hour drive there and having them take a look. They don't necessarily have to have Evo's to help you. The regular Lancer's also come with fast key as an option. That would be my best guess. Goodluck.
I know Chile would have some in Santiago. When I lived there I saw lots of mitsus. How about you have them send you the manual and replacement keys.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The thing is, they do represent the car make here, but they only sell 2 SUV's and 1 Pickup truck, so they don't have the Mitsubishi scanner, and of course NO CLUE.. I had to import the X directly from the US to Paraguay..

Brian Earl Spilner....sounds like a serial killer name. Is that what you are?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts