Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im leaning towards the ets intake now and have read on numerous threads about bung holes or no bung holes.

Should i just get the one without bungs or is it better with bungs. I need a straight answer because i'm still pretty confused on what the bungs do and dont really know if i should go with the bungless or bunged

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Go with the bungs. They're a crank case breather and boost solenoid (vacuum pressure) bung. Without them you need to run catch cans, which are kind of pointless unless you're doing a super build. Catch cans have also caused dipstick blowout.

In short, get the bungs. You won't regret it.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,861 Posts
Go with the bungs. They're a crank case breather and boost solenoid (vacuum pressure) bung. Without them you need to run catch cans, which are kind of pointless unless you're doing a super build. Catch cans have also caused dipstick blowout.

In short, get the bungs. You won't regret it.
Non vented catch cans cause dipstick blowout. Properly mounted catch cans need to be routed back to a vacuum source

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Or you can just run a breather filter and be fine

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k sorry guys but unlike you gurus, my abbreviation understanding abilities has not been trained well enough, so i guess ill just get the intake with a bung. I know ams has the option for bungs, what other intake do you guys suggest just for the sake of sound.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Sake of sound? I guess an open element intake with filter would be fine for the sake of sound lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im getting a tune soon at fftec, and they told me unless im getting a bigger turbo, the intake wont really do any good after a tune. Maybe im wrong? enlighten me if i am, i got my flame suit on err day everyday

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone rocking the ets? I feel like thats the best for my situation, but it doesnt have a bung hole

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
i orderd a AMS Cold air intake without the bungs. The intake is on its way and the boomba racing catch can just arrived.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
got it on the holiday sale, came to $120 shipped to canada. i believe they are $106 normally and they are 15% off right now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just installed the ETS intake on Tuesday. If you want a plug and play intake get the ETS with 2 bungs. Install wasnt too hard. It sounds amazing and looks great. You use the stock MAF so you don't need a tune unless you want to extract some more power. It does make the throttle feel more responsive. The car sounds like a jet taking off now. I plan on making some video clips some time.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Either call or PM Michael at ETS and I'm sure he will be able to help you with getting one with bungs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I didn't actually specify which one I wanted they just sent me the two bung. Michael will help you out like Walt said.

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
Hi guys, im leaning towards the ets intake now and have read on numerous threads about bung holes or no bung holes.

Should i just get the one without bungs or is it better with bungs. I need a straight answer because i'm still pretty confused on what the bungs do and dont really know if i should go with the bungless or bunged

Let us know, we can get you the ETS or AMS, both very nice pieces. We al lrun the AMS units on our shop cars here, with great results.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts