Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just over $1000 to spend on my bone stock 2010 GSR. I was thinking about upgrading the exhaust, but I want to hear the rest of your opinions. I'm in Savannah, GA and from what I have researched I don't have much for tuning options so getting it dyno tuned is kind of out the window as far as I know. I am open to suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have just over $1000 to spend on my bone stock 2010 GSR. I was thinking about upgrading the exhaust, but I want to hear the rest of your opinions. I'm in Savannah, GA and from what I have researched I don't have much for tuning options so getting it dyno tuned is kind of out the window as far as I know. I am open to suggestions. Thanks.
I would recommend doing a tune, even if you can't get to a dyno. I have an AP on a 2011 GSR and it's worked out well for me so far. If you want sound, do the CBE, although doing an intake would probably be a good investment too (and way cheaper).

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
catback exhaust and a drop in air filter (K&N or Cosworth) would be the best starting point...and if you want a tune, there is always a Cobb AP and run a OTS map or you can get it e-tuned or just get e-tuned without the Cobb AP...GL!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
find a $600 catback exhaust system and get a $400 (used price) cobb access port and throw the stage 2 map on. There is no possible way to get more power for your $1000 (without a dyno tune at least)

·
Registered
348 Posts
find a $600 catback exhaust system and get a $400 (used price) cobb access port and throw the stage 2 map on. There is no possible way to get more power for your $1000 (without a dyno tune at least)
Pretty sure you get a lot more power from a test pipe over a catback. Plus it's a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
706 Posts
AP is great option for 2010 , would see the most gain for you $$

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Heres the deal, and no one can argue with the results we've seen recently on the dyno forums.

For 1000.00. Buy a test pipe, a 3 port, a drop in filter, and get tuned by Clipse 3GT. That should net you around 350WHP. There are no other mods that will give you gains that a test pipe + 3 port + drop in + tune will. If you can squeeze in an UICP do it too.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Heres the deal, and no one can argue with the results we've seen recently on the dyno forums.

For 1000.00. Buy a test pipe, a 3 port, a drop in filter, and get tuned by Clipse 3GT. That should net you around 350WHP. There are no other mods that will give you gains that a test pipe + 3 port + drop in + tune will.
wow, this is on stock catback? That actually sounds like less than $1000. :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
full turbo back, intake or drop in filter, uicp, tune.
not sure that he can get all that with only 1k. few used parts and self install mabye ...!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
wow, this is on stock catback? That actually sounds like less than $1000. :D
Yup. If you get a FMIC, DP and Catback you might gain 20-30 (30 is absolute most) more hps.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Cobb AP. Tune.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Cobb AP. Tune.
I respectfully disagree, as a former AP owner, I consider it pointless if you're doing anything other than off the shelf maps. There is no formula of mods including the AP that will net him max power for 1000.00. It's like a 600.00 handicap.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
how about grimmspeed 3port, uicp, drop in filter, testpipe, and tune,
thats should be in the 1k budget area
That is basically exactly what I said :p

·
Registered
242 Posts
if your going to do it, do it right... dont get the cheap stuff... do more research and save more money. figure out if you want new or used stuff too. make a build list and get part by part, then install as you get more parts and tune in the end. IMO and speaking from experience.. when you fix up cars.. its a bottomless pit of money and there is really no budget. budget = wishful thinking of what i hope it will cost me :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts