Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2008 Evo X MR that had a fully rebuilt transmission. The car would not start after the transmission was installed so the owner decided to sell it. I got the car running but have yet to get anything from the transmission working. Currently throwing codes U0101 and P1590. I tried taking the vehicle to a dealer to do a teach in but they didn’t even try to do it and told me I needed to have a new transmission installed. Any tips or advice on what to do next or how to properly install the software and do a reteach would be appreciated.
Office equipment Gadget Audio equipment Office supplies Font

·
Registered
369 Posts
The ECM isn't talking to the TC-SST-ECU at all. Either the rebuild broke the ECU in the trans or there's something up with the wiring. (the connector isn't seated (best case) or there's a damaged wire/pin) I'd start by checking all the SST wiring and go from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As it turns out the plug from the transmission to the ecu was turned upside down when plugged in by the mechanic who had previously worked on it

·
Registered
29 Posts
His loss your gain. TopFlight FTW. How she running now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty much all of the issues that the car has had have been a lot of very little things that resulted in it not running. As of now the engine runs and idles really well for not starting in over a year. When the transmission was installed the mechanic just put regular transmission fluid in so I need to change the fluid then hopefully the car should be in full working condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts