Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put new agency power header on the car.. didn't take the turbo off even.. just the manifold. Got it all back together went to test it out and there was no boost period only getting up to 4 for vaccum.. so came back in the garage.. noticed I forgot the wastegate line on the charge pipe. Connected that still NO BOOST? What could it possibly be? Took wastegate actuator off and push the arm back and forth a lot by hand to see of it was hanging up.. seemed stiff but put it back on and still nothing? Anyone got any ideas? Ran fine before hand with stock mani. Why not now?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Lol. I know how you feel. I'll bet it's something simple though. You hooked the arm of the waste gate back up?

Take a pic of it and maybe that will show something obvious

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
This may be a big pain, but if all else fails, just take it off and put it back the way it was and test it, if it works correctly try and install it again, im sure its something dumb. good luck man.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put the stock mani back on? That can't be the isssue I would doubt.. even of it was some boost leak somewhere I'd still get some boost.. its just not building any.. and like I said I didn't fuck around with the turbo at all.. just took charge pipe and intake off and stock mani.. then put it back together nothing.. had it apart and back togther now checking things I'm outta ideas.. ready to lose it ha. Would you think its gotta be the wastegate actuator? They usually stiff ad Hell of ya just try to pull on it while its still attached or should it be easy?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everything is back exactly as it was.. which is why it has me stumped? How is it possible that it won't build boost.. ha turbo didn't seize while it wasn't running ya know? I just don't get it. Man I wish someone else had this issue and worked it out ha

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Put the stock mani back on? That can't be the isssue I would doubt.. even of it was some boost leak somewhere I'd still get some boost.. its just not building any.. and like I said I didn't fuck around with the turbo at all.. just took charge pipe and intake off and stock mani.. then put it back together nothing.. had it apart and back togther now checking things I'm outta ideas.. ready to lose it ha. Would you think its gotta be the wastegate actuator? They usually stiff ad Hell of ya just try to pull on it while its still attached or should it be easy?
Well im just saying put it back to normal and see what happens..if it works fine the just start over and try again..if it doesnt work then you at least ruled out one thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you checked all your piping as well? I mean I know you only removed your manifold but check your uicp clamp closest to the turrbo because when I did my turbo swap I know I had to remove that when first taking the manifold off.

Well im just saying put it back to normal and see what happens..if it works fine the just start over and try again..if it doesnt work then you at least ruled out one thing.

This will also help.

Check the welding on the manifold might have a crack or something as well.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.