Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get that plastic piece that goes behind ashtray in center console and holds a/v jacks? cars with SSS package have it, i cut mine to make wiring of gauges easier.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Why do you have to go totally back to stock if you are trading the car in? You can't trade 'as is'? (Just wondering for the future...)

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can but itll take off so much resale value with aftermarket parts, its only gonna be like 3 hrs to finish returning it to stock

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
So the dealer will bring down the trade-in value if it has aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
290 Posts
That and it's hard to sell a modded car in the first place. Especially an evo, everyone knows it was beat on, launched, etc. The dealers know that as well, so they'll low ball the hell out of you for trade in.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm not looking forward to the day I need to return to stock.... Not even sure how I'll pull it off at this point...

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah had no intention of modding when i bought, that didn't last long. never want to again minus fixing broken shit and safety items

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yeah, this will probably be it for me as well after the Evo gets put to pasture. Next car will be 'track ready' out of the box.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm not selling my Evo. Has plenty of room for the family and groceries. But then again I only have 1 kid. Good luck Bradze. And I hope you find that part.

As for selling as is...it's good if selling a lemon, but a modded car, fat chance in hell you'll get a good value for it. Sell it to another enthusiast if you want to sell a modded car as is.

·
Registered
864 Posts
i have put modded cars back to stock at the dealers i have worked so they could send them to auction. When most people are looking to buy a car unless it is private party where they can verify it was well taken care of and not pushed to hard want to buy stock. And with a sst i doubt any of you all would want to pay good to high retail value on a modded evo mr. stock is a much better way to unload them.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Speaking of dealers and selling cars, some of you guys may know that I like working on paint. When I was first learning how, I kept reading posts from folks looking for a pro to detail their cars before a trade. Not really being in tune with the whole thing, I thought it was kinda odd until a time came to trade one of my cars. It was mostly driven by my wife who took no care of it, whatsoever. I tried to maintain its finish, as much as one could, but it was like pissing against the wind.

So, I took the thing and did the same thing as a dealer - glazed it up with 3M's Imperial Hand Glade and made the paint look almost new...until the next rain. Detailed the interior, too. Much to my amazement, we were consistently offered top dollar for the car. Did the same thing to another car or two to be sold. They also did well. I guess I'm trying to say that it may be in one's best interest, financially, to hire someone good to bring the paint back and to make the car look less used. It really does make a monetary difference.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an extra one of those that I bought as I was thinking of doing the same. Im finishing a cf cover so I might not use it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If people spend more time when hooking up gauges and routing wires that they aren't unnecessarily cutting holes into the stock parts, but rather use gauge pods and use double-sided 3M tape (designed for cars) then that shouldn't be an issue. The wiring I wrigged in my Evo doesn't look like a rats nest either. The only thing that would be hard to return back to stock would be the DEI Viper alarm system, but then that should be considered a bonus (if I were ever to sell the car back to the dealership) as the aftermarket alarm system was professionally installed by a reputable local shop.

In addition to your original question, you can search for the part through MitsubishiPartsWarehouse or other Mitsubishi dealership websites that sells parts online.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Isn't that your porsche?
Lol. Touché. Yes and no. For some reason I don't think of that car as my 'track' car. Convertible needs a roll cage to run in the advanced group with some organizations. I refuse to put a cage in that car. Point taken though, Bryan. I guess 'out of the box' can be subjective. I keep saying the evo is the last car I am going to 'aggressivly' mod, but none of my friends believe me for some reason...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts