Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help guys, I was putting my Volks back on today for the summer. I have Rays/Volk locking lug nuts with the caps in the end. I torqued my first 2 wheels down fine(with a torque wrench) then on my third wheel my key just stripped. Ive been all over my local city trying to find anything that will work and cant seem to find anything. Ive looked online just to order the tool with out paying $350 for a whole new set of lugs and cant find it. Car is my dd and need to find this tool asap.

Here is a pic of my tool(on the right), where can i order one?? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After doing research i guess this happens alot :/ so dont spend the $350 on these things, theyre junk.

An allen wrench wont work. these are to prevent anyone walking down the street from stealing your wheels. So i really need to find this KEY!!

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
They're nice and just as light weight. Works Concepts is having a sale on them right now, i got a set for $100 off msrp from him. Might want to consider PMing.

My first set of them were the 26mm in neochrome w/ locks - and there's no way you can strip or fuck up the locking lug. Just bought another set that are 40mm, lessens the chances of scratching up my new wheels.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How high were you torquing these lugnuts? That looks like a lot of torque. Is it possible you could have misthread the lugnut as it appears the cap is misthreaded.

These particular lugnuts are nice....for a show car. I don't believe they were designed to be installed and removed too many times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.