Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is 2010 evo x GSR with 80k on the body and 8k on new stock engine from Mitsubishi. Car was hydro locked. I pull out and accelerate at around 75% throttle and when I let off to decel with the clutch in the rpms are bouncing between 750 and 1250 but the car does not stall and being about 3 miles from work I decide to continue on car is driving fine and making low boost fine. About 2 miles later ses light awd light come on and car goes in to what I would assume is limp mode throttle response becomes intermittent and can't go faster than 30-40 mph. Through a search I find someone with the same systems and the solution is a maf sensor. While waiting for the part I start the car and when I do it revs up to 4000 rpm on its own with no throttle input and stays there till I turn it off after a Few seconds starts to do what feels like a Misfire. If the car is driving it will level out and drive normal for a few seconds then go limp again and throttle response cuts in and out. I replace the maf sensor today and the old part is rusty on the sensor so I think that has to be it but symptoms are the same still. Any ideas are greatly appreciated as I am supposed to get tuned at speedcircuit in a few weeks and would like to be up and running. Thank you sorry for long post I don't know what could be relevant or not. I did not reset anything when I replaced the maf sensor. This is my first post so sorry if it is in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
By chance are you tuned or have a boost controller. When I got my car I got limp mode because my controller kept varying the boost level at wot to something really low so it was running rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.