Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all this week I have been having issues with the shifter not going back to the middle "neutro". Is hard to get to 1st & 2nd gear when the stick is in the middle and also hard to get to 5th & (R), the more I drive her the harder it gets. I have already checked UnderHood Bushings and everything looks fine, I removed the center console, checked the shifter and nothing seems out of place. I dont know if the Spring next to the shifter is not puuting enaugh pressure or what... ANY HELP OR SUGGESTION WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATE. :)

Thanx
David :)

http://youtu.be/1R-4qYfb7VA

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
look under your intake at the shifter cables and see if anything looks out of place. When I installed the AMS gate selector bushing it started pulling to the right a little.
Could be that cotter pin is loose or missing.

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like an internal problem. could be your 5th to reverse rail and your 1st to 2nd rail? $$$$$ good luck
ha nope is not that. the person that build my trany already saw this video. and I dont even think is something inside the tranny.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had a very similar problem...what happened was the little plastic piece inside the shifter assembly (the one with the rectangular gasket) was in wrong so I rotated it until the notch was on the left hand side. Worked perfectly after that. Maybe you did the same thing and put it in the right way on reassembly?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts