Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i have been trying to take this turbo out since 8am.. it is 4:30pm now.. I keep on getting stuck some where and now finally held up pretty good... I have 1 bolt on the bottom of the turbo for the huge line that runs into the turbo, and then I have the bottom bolt that runs off the hot side of the turbo and mounts to a bracket that is also under neath the turbo... the manifold is off and all of the banjo bolts are off also.. I cant get the huge line off because it is directly under the turbo and cant seem to get to it any where. and the other bolt that is held on by a bracket you can see a tiny bit and fit a wrench onto it, which I have been trying for the past hour or 2.. But the bolt is almost stripped.

Also, the Huge line running out of the turbo runs into the bottom of the block and I took the one screw holding it into place but the line doesnt budge at all....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. All I have is the bottom bracket bolt left and 1 bolt that holds the big line into place.

NEW PROBLEM! Anyone know how much this clip costs or whole housing??
Finger Hand Nail

Auto part Automotive lighting Headlamp Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
955 Posts
The line is held onto the block with one more bolt, I'm pretty sure. You should download Hollywoods write up it makes it easy. The bolt on the bottom you need a 2ft extension and a 14mm swivel socket. It's best if you remove the passenger side axle to get to this stuff. I'm going by memory. So download Hollywood's instructions and the Garrett GT30 install manual it has pics etc. Maybe someone has these they can email you. I left work or I could send them to you.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm interested in hollywoods link if anyone can find it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, dont have plastic valve cover, and no to the right of the jkap or left if your facing the motor. Its the clip that you have to extend the wires to in the "How to: Easy wire tuck"

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea that's your cam sensor it's long and goes into your head. Look it up on Mitsubishiparts.net for price. I wouldn't drive the car as that does the variable cam timing.
Hopefully i can get it out.. it doesnt look like i can but who knows! The car isnt going any where anytime soon haha, valve cover is off getting powdercoated and waiting for new turbo to come which will be couple of weeks!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hopefully i can get it out.. it doesnt look like i can but who knows! The car isnt going any where anytime soon haha, valve cover is off getting powdercoated and waiting for new turbo to come which will be couple of weeks!
Getting it out is super easy. Just one bolt to the bottom right. Then just wiggle and pull out. It's about 4 inches long. It has an o-ring gasket give it some lube and wiggle the new one in.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Getting it out is super easy. Just one bolt to the bottom right. Then just wiggle and pull out. It's about 4 inches long. It has an o-ring gasket give it some lube and wiggle the new one in.
Awesome! A bit easier than taking a turbo off ;) Do you reccomend buying anything for the new turbo install?? As in new gaskets etc? or anything else i should know. Thanks!

·
[E-Tuner]
15,918 Posts
It is the MIVEC solenoid. I just replaced mine cause I broke off the clip.

You have to replace the whole thing. Its held in by 1-10mm bolt which is below the solenoid and to the left, then you pull it out.

Look in the car part out threads on evom to get one for cheap

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.