Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the idle of my 08 GSR. Can't diagnose it. I cant tell or find any boost leaks or other issues. It is throwing a code but....haven't got the chance to look at it since I just sold my old cobb accessport. ALSO when I get into boost....past 5k rpms the car seems to almost develop a misfire. It seems like the boost just falls off and the car chugs. Havnt gone WOT for awhile because having the idle and this issue. One time I boosted till the 5k rpm.....the boost cut off....engine went into limp mode and was idling erratically. Turned the car off and after that it was back to normal (besides the idle). Please give me some direction for where to look. The engine is running fine [Compression is good across all cylinders]

Mods:

Fully Built AMS 2.O
-AMS Intercooler piping
-AMS Intercooler
-AMS Downpipe
-AMS Cat back
- Prescion 5858
-John Sheppard built 5 speed
-AMS Camshaft
-Kelford Valve springs
-ARP Headstuds
-Tial Wastegate
-Torque Solutions motor mounts
-1500cc injectors
-walbro 450lph

·
Registered
16 Posts
very little info given but based on the boost gauge you just showed saying 17 vac when the car should be around 19 to 22 steady then it looks like you have a vacuum leak. that will cause a lean reading at wot and cause misfire if its big enough. i would run the code first it can help you look in the right direction. if it is a vacuum leak get a smoke test done or if you can visually look for a vacuum line off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.