Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Good afternoon everyone. I drained my TCase of my evo X after 30k miles but I accidentally filled the transfer case of my evo X with 1qt of Redline Transmission Fluid cocktail. As I was pumping the redline cocktail into the T case I immediately drained the T case knowing it wasn’t the diaqueen gl5 LSD suggested by the owners manual. Currently the T case is empty now after draining overnight. Im very concerned about the residual redline tranny fluid it may or may not have left behind. I plan to flush the tcase from residual left from the redline that may be still inside with diaqueen a couple of times. Anyone with any suggestions as to what I should do next?

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you let it drain thoroughly, you'll probably be fine just filling with with the proper fluid. If you're still worried, run it for a few miles and then drain and refill again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah, just let it drip drain until it's totally empty and you'll be fine. You could try flushing it by filling it up with half a quart or more and then emptying it a couple times if you want to be super careful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Splattj. It should be diluted enough after draining and refilling with proper fluid that it wouldn't be an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts