Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what to do!! I have a 2011 Evo x GSR and she's having a rough time.. she has started revving high but not accelerating properly when I'm driving.. I can't get up to speed unless I force her to revv high and wait for her to catch up.. it's been almost 2months.. I've researched and had ppl look at it.. I get different answers.. First it's the clutch, then the IAC , maybe the mass air flow sensor, no it's the clutch master cylinder, ok now it's the transmission. Like WTF.. how do I find out for sure..I don't have money to just fix random things and hope that's it! She's getting worse by the day . A new clutch is gonna be over $2,000 but my clutch pedal doesn't feel any different so I don't think it's that.. I'm so confused and so scared she's gonna die.. my serpentine belt just shredded outta nowhere, I got that replaced and we bled the clutch , but she's almost worse now.. idk. Hellllppppp!! She's all I got left.. she's my baby 馃槶

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah and she keeps dying on the freeway when I am forcing her up to speed.. I've never had any real problems with her, and have owned her 2yrs.. why is this happening and how do I make it stop 馃槥

Registered
2013 Evo X GSR
Oh yeah and she keeps dying on the freeway when I am forcing her up to speed.. I've never had any real problems with her, and have owned her 2yrs.. why is this happening and how do I make it stop 馃槥
When you say revving high to keep it accelerating, what is it exactly doing? Is the rpm jumping up really quick? lets 5th and you floor it a bit and it shoots up?

Registered
Its a relive when problem is identified, now is the cost on clutch replacement could be pricy depending on the shop...Got few quotes before for my clutch replacingand it waqs from $500 to litle over $1000 range for labor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts