Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using ACG3 and hated it. I switched to C4-Extreme and I loved it. I started using Hemo Rage Black Ultra Concentrate a few days ago. This stuff is insane! One scoop is more than you'll ever need. I've never had workouts like these before. I'm like an absolute monster on the stuff. My brother and I actually have to stop each other from overdoing it with weight/reps. It tastes like chlorine and ass, but the stuff is incredible. I wish it had Beta Alanine in it, because I like the prickly feeling.

However, I have noticed a problem with it. For the last two nights I have been having some.. umm... erectile dysfunction. Not lying, this stuff makes it impossible to get and keep a boner. My girlfriend isn't happy about it and wants me to quit taking the stuff. I honestly don't know what to do. No explosive workout, or no sex some days? What would you do?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
LOL, welcome to Team Swole/Overtrain!

Ive tried almost every pre-workout out there. Muscle Pharm Assault is my fave. As with any drug / supplement your body will grow acustomed to it over time, so you would need more to get the same effect. Thats why crack heads need more and more and more to get the same high. Well pre workouts work the same lol, so you either need to cycle them, or increase the dosage, or switch to something else. So while Hemo rage is the hotness now, in a month or 2, when your body adjusts, switch back to C4 or something, and it will be the new hotness again :D lol.

well, to speak on the ED I dont think the supplement is the cause. Me and my bro work out alot too, often times 5-6 days a week. We have had these problems every once in a while, and talked about it. I think the answer to your problem is called "overtraining" When you overtrain, your body takes a shit, and its so busy trying to help you recover from your workout, that your free testosterone, and other resources are scarce, hence your problem.

The thing about these pre-workouts is they let you go harder than you would normally without them, so your actually able to go beyond your normal limits which is why overtraining happens. I feel like I could work out for hours, but I know I shouldnt so not to overtrain.

The Key is to make sure you get adaquate rest, and recovery time.

3-5 days a week is the sweet spot for working out. You shouldnt work out for more than an hour, and you should limit cardio on training days to 15 minutes or so.

Also, you need to eat for your workouts. If your dieting, and going hard, to lose weight and build muscle your not giving your body the resources it needs to perform 100%. When I went low carb, I had serious issues with the above.

You also need adaquate sleep. if you get 5-6 hours a day, thats not enough. 7-8 hours is the sweet spot.

You should rest inbetween, so like 2 days gym, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot. So you really don't think it is the supplement giving me the whiskey dick? I've read about a few other guys having problems on it. Maybe they were just overtraining?

Also, how the hell do you get your workout down to only 1 hour? For instance, on a day where I work chest/triceps and cycle abs in (I only work abs 3 days a week) I usually spend at least 2 hours in the gym. I have no clue how I would possibly get it down to only an hour.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I just dont see how a supplement could cause that. Like, with a lot of supplements like Tribulus, Yohimbee, gensing, maca, etc, they actually would have a positive effect in that department. A lot of pre workouts have these and should actually help cause they increase testosterone. I supose its possible for an ingredient to have the oposite effect but i doubt it. Obviously tho, if your saying others are complaining about it, maybe I would switch to something else :) I really think its due to be worn out tho from your workouts. when your really tired, due to lack of sleep, im sure your libido is lower than when your fully rested and right before a workout :)

Well you are definately overtraining brah. I mean let me elaborate a little.

If your doing a set and waiting 5 minutes before the next set, that is going to take up lots of time, and by doing that I dont think you would be overtraining even if you spent 2 hours there. Also if you have a partner, and are waiting for them in between your sets this will also increase time, and id say 2 hours if fine.

However, if your like me, and you go hard in the paint, with 120 seconds between sets and exercises, then your probably overtraining.

I have a Leg, Abs, Chest/tri, Back/Bi, and Shoulders day. thats 5 workouts a week. (I do abs once a week, because I believe your abs are just like any other muscle in your body, and if you over work them by doing them multiple times a week then they will get real lean and flat which is good for some I guess, but if you work them once a week and go hard they grow huge, and stick out like fists and I like having abs like that, so I am using this method to continue their growth in looking HUGE lol). Also you have to figure, when you do some of your other trainings like dead lifts, and squats, you are still using your abs cause they are stabilizing muscles, and if your getting them worked out then, and 3 other times a week, its almost like they get no rest at all, aka will never grow big :)

I do 15 minutes of cardio (interval) usually about 1.5-2 miles after my workouts.

I average about 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Today I did

5 x 15 sets of shrugs
3 x 15 shoulder presses
3 x 15 shoulder raises
3 x 15 bushwackers
15 minutes of cardio / 1.5 miles.

it was my shoulder day, and any more than the above would probably be overtraining. My shoulders were killing me and I was feeling pretty worn down.

Previously I was on a strength training regemine, and was doing heavy weight and less reps, and that was much easier. keeping things moving for 15 reps is really stressful for me right now, and is helping me get my stanima back, while maintaining my strength gains. I am also doing this for hypertrophy reasons, and adding muscle mass, instead of strength (body building over weight lifting :D )

But at the end of the day its really what works for you.

The thing I do want to say is they have done many studies, and they have taken people who workout 6x a week and compared them to the people who work out 3x a week. the people who worked out 3x a week actually put on more muscle mass than those who worked out for 6.

Interesting I know, but I think it has to do with overtraining. Every time you go hard, your nervous system takes a shit, and if you go hard without allowing your body a chance to recover, the efficiency of the recovery is reduced.

My issue is I dont know what to do with myself when I dont go to the gym or do some physical activity, so thats why I go 5 days a week. I should take a rest in between, but usually Mon-Fri I workout and weekends I party and eat / drink what I want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
made an account just to post on this thread lol

The reason you are having that issue is due to the active ingredient in most pre-workouts which is 1,3 dimethylamylamine. This ingredient causes vasoconstriction which basically means it narrows your blood flow. And what exactly is an erection? Blood flow to your junk.

You may not have had problems before, but it can happen later. I used to take jack3d and never had a problem until a few months ago when that started to happen.

My suggestions are either; stop taking it, decrease your intake on it, or switch pre-workouts.

If you're afraid of this happening again just do some research on pre-workouts in the market that does not have 1,3 dimethylamylamine. You'll probably have to look up online cause i know hemo-rage black does not list it in the ingredients list on the bottle.

I hope this post helps!

And if you think I'm full of it and don't believe me, just look it up for yourself. This is a topic going around in the body building world. A LOT of people are having the same issues.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
This shit will kill you. Why do you guys think you need this sort of pollution?

Its either this or steroids..... lol

Many of the supplements have proven ingredients. Amino acids, are found in food, and are the building blocks of building muscle, taking a supplement with them will NOT kill, you, cause if they did, then steak, chicken, broccoli is going to kill you too....

Also lots of pre workouts have shit loads of vitamins like b6 b12 potassium calcium etc. Again, vitamins are not going to kill you....

Creatine, is something your body produces naturally. Taking it via a supplement has been proven to help your muscles absorb water and look / build bigger. There is some debate about if after stoping taking it, that you will lose that size because its water, but at the same time, your muscles are already 76% muscle, and If I took all the water out of your arm thats there right now, it would be like an inch wide.....

Bata-alanine - is also an amino acid, and is know to cause you body to go into a thermogenic response. This helps you burn extra calories through your day, and also gives you a sense of well being and motivation which helps during your workout.

Caffine - thermo genic, proven safe in low doses, and also helps with energy feeling.

Now dont get it twisted, there are lots of roots, and other chemicals in pre-workouts, but that is why you should be investigating what your taking. Do you research, and you wont need to worry about leaving this world early.

At the end of the day, a supplement is simply a tool to help you arrive at your goals a little faster.

All you really need, is a good workout regemine, The proper diet, and motivation, and the sky is the limit!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I don't know if it is overtraining or what, but I had the same ED problem when I was on Jack3d. Just took a week off to recover, and now I am back in the gym, but cycled off of Jack3d. I am trying this stuff called Maximize V2 now. I train the same routine, but it is the total opposite afterwards. I am a total hornball at night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.