Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Here is My Gray Graphite EVO X that I Worked So Hard to Get

8K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  TriStateEvo 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is the car I worked so hard to get my wife to approve. She still does not like it, but atleast she let me bring it home!!!!:) lol.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Many congrats sandman! Your making me want to chose the GG as well. You got the thing fully loaded I see. Could you let me know what you think of the Music server and Navi option? I don't know whether to get it or go aftermarket...

#10 ·
Nav/ Stereo Review

The first thing I will say about the Nav System is it makes the interior look alot better. Sirrus in my opinion is the best Satillite option. My dad has XM and my wife has Sirrus. Sirrus is way better. The Nav is incredibly easy to use, it is pretty simple stupid. I havent downloaded any music or my IPOD stuff yet, but when i get some quiet time on the weekend from the kids ill play with it some. So far I really like the Nav Stuff mostly cause of ease of use and looks. My only complaint about the electronics stuff is the stereo doesnt turn up loud enough to me. Sometimes I like a very high volume. It is crisp, but not really loud.

#11 ·
:thumbup:

Congrats sandman. I have the exact same setup! GG w/ aero, navi, int. sport and SSS. Love the car. Just wait till you first grab onto that shift knob the first cold morning. Good GOD its like grabbing onto an ice cube. Enjoy your clean rims while you have them too, mine are basically black right now lol. Seriously though, welcome to the GG owners club, congrats on choosing the best color for the evo ;)

GoKimiGo: I'll throw my 2 cents in on the nav. The navi is pretty well done, touch screen is MUCH better than my wife's MDX touchscreen which i nice. The one fault i have with it is that it really needs more points of interests like movie theatre's and starbucks. That being said, its pretty easy to use, and i love that it gives you access to modify settings such as if hitting unlock on your keyfob unlocks both doors or just the drives side. I can't comment on the music server as i don't plan to use it at all. I have an ipod, "why bother?" is kinda how i look at it.

#12 · (Edited)
I didn't know it was a touch screen! I thought you have to use all those buttons on the side of the monitor to navigate the menus.

I definitely agree it makes the interior look ten times better than with the basic head unit. The vehicle integration functions sound cool though. The issues I may have with it would be the Navigation speed (is it off the 30gb HD or DVD based?). Also, currently I use a portable navigation unit that has bluetooth integrated, so I can pair it with my iPhone, transfer over my phone book and do hands free calling. The aftermarket has some nice 7" nav systems that can integrate all these functions plus ipod support.

To get bluetooth with the factory nav I would have to do the bluetooth module install which seems to be a bit to difficult for my experience level. Oh decisions.... LOL

Thanks for the feedback you guys.

#17 ·
I agree the dealership I went to had PB, WW, and GG. I think it took me an hour to figure out what color I wanted. Especially, since Im a nerdy StarWars Fan and the WW looks like a dam Storm Trooper. I decided on the color that looked most grown up so my wifey would not get pissed

#18 ·
Here's some more pics of a GG.

#19 ·
Congrats on the new ride, take care of her.

#21 ·
Tx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.