Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I think you forgot to re-image the ECU like you forgot to re-image Eddies laptop

·
Registered
957 Posts
your car is out of warranty considering its 6 years old. also, one of the mitsu tech i know confirmed they will know the car beening tuned even if you flahsed back to stock. good luck man.

·
Registered
794 Posts
What month in 2009 did you purchase the car? And did you purchase it new? I'm assuming you did. And how many miles on it? I can't recall if you said how many were on it and I don't want to go back and look as I just thought to ask while I was typing ;-)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
your car is out of warranty considering its 6 years old. also, one of the mitsu tech i know confirmed they will know the car beening tuned even if you flahsed back to stock. good luck man.
I've read in multiple threads on here that there's a counter that increments every time a flash occurs and it rolls over after 99. Really not sure who is right/wrong in this case but Mitsu does seem to know when a car has been flashed.

What month in 2009 did you purchase the car? And did you purchase it new? I'm assuming you did. And how many miles on it? I can't recall if you said how many were on it and I don't want to go back and look as I just thought to ask while I was typing ;-)
He said 13,000

·
Registered
957 Posts
i dont know either.
marjority of the tech will keep their mouth shut and get you cover under warranty (according to the tech I know). he said now dealers need money to run the business. most of the customers wont have enough cash to pay for a major warranty job, at the end they might want to go somewhere cheaper to do it. so dealers are getting smarter now and get you covered under warranty as long as your car wasnt crazily fuk up, because they will get pay by mitsu corporation.

just try to be as nice as you can when you speak with them.

I've read in multiple threads on here that there's a counter that increments every time a flash occurs and it rolls over after 99. Really not sure who is right/wrong in this case but Mitsu does seem to know when a car has been flashed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i dont know either.
marjority of the tech will keep their mouth shut and get you cover under warranty (according to the tech I know). he said now dealers need money to run the business. most of the customers wont have enough cash to pay for a major warranty job, at the end they might want to go somewhere cheaper to do it. so dealers are getting smarter now and get you covered under warranty as long as your car wasnt crazily fuk up, because they will get pay by mitsu corporation.

just try to be as nice as you can when you speak with them.

car was bought 05/09 brand new. the dealer was super nice but according to them, any warranty claim over $500, they have to call mitsu's techline to verify CVN number on ECU. and since the tranny's tear down cost is $5000, they had to call in order to get the CVN

suck, man...SUCKS!

oh well

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
It's cheaper to go aftermarket at this point. 500hp clutch packs!!!

101 - 108 of 108 Posts