Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Workin with a Canon MP240

My company no longer provides us with color ink cartridges, so all I have is black. My printer won't let me print without a color cartridge installed. Our IT department was clueless. I tried unplugging it. I tried holding reset. I tried printing in grayscale only. I tried Googling it. NOTHING!

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
after a quick google:

I found my solution in Canon My Printer, Printer Settings, Maintenance, Ink Cartridge Settings. I selected Black Ink Only and clicked OK. The printer now prints only black ink as I originally wanted it to and does so perfectly. I am happy that I just saved myself a $25 dollar color ink cartridge purchase that I did not need or want.

give that a shot?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after a quick google:

I found my solution in Canon My Printer, Printer Settings, Maintenance, Ink Cartridge Settings. I selected Black Ink Only and clicked OK. The printer now prints only black ink as I originally wanted it to and does so perfectly. I am happy that I just saved myself a $25 dollar color ink cartridge purchase that I did not need or want.

give that a shot?
Just tried. Sounded perfect, too. Didn't work, but felt like it made some sort of progress by at least reponding. It clicks & clacks like it's GOING to print, then the "color ink" indicator flashes again, followed by an "E" on the display.

:computermad:

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
There's a very good chance it simply won't let you, no matter the finagling you do with it. Consumer (ie, cheap) printers are designed to make you buy ink. That's their only purpose. They exist solely as an ink selling device.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
There's a very good chance it simply won't let you, no matter the finagling you do with it. Consumer (ie, cheap) printers are designed to make you buy ink. That's their only purpose. They exist solely as an ink selling device.
true. Like razors, where the razor + 2 blades is cheaper than 2 blades by themselves.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my prison. *melodramatic*

The best part about this is, this printer is a new "refurbished" one they sent me to swap for the old one that worked with black only, but I had to turn it on then off every time for it to do anything.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I bought an Epson Artisan 810. 6 F'n color cartridges! But it does fucking everything you can think of. And I threw it in the bedroom on wifi to get it out of site. Truly awesome printer. Fuck HP. /rant

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
If you ever need a black and white printer, buy an HP 4200/4250/4300/4350 from Ebay. Yeah, you'll find a SHIT TON with a MASSIVE amount of page count, over a million quite often, but fuck me if they're not fucking bullet proof. I have gotten AMAZING, AMAZING at working on these things. I can HEAR these mother fuckers and know what's wrong. We have ~55 of them onsite, and fuck me if I'm not the printer master.

That, and since they made like 700 million of them, generic toner is dirt cheap.

/dismount soapbox.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
If you ever need a black and white printer, buy an HP 4200/4250/4300/4350 from Ebay. Yeah, you'll find a SHIT TON with a MASSIVE amount of page count, over a million quite often, but fuck me if they're not fucking bullet proof. I have gotten AMAZING, AMAZING at working on these things. I can HEAR these mother fuckers and know what's wrong. We have ~55 of them onsite, and fuck me if I'm not the printer master.

That, and since they made like 700 million of them, generic toner is dirt cheap.

/dismount soapbox.

You may be a printer master, but I am a master debater.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

/dismount soapbox.

Holy fucking shit, I just bought one of these because they sound fucking awesome, I don't even need a printer! Do they do anything else?

·
Registered
3 Posts

/dismount soapbox.
I dont like printers from Ebay
;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had an identical problem and I could not solve it myself. I went to the repair center. Then the guys advised me to reinstall the printer and manually re-enter all the data for the connection. This did not work and all my attempts were in vain and it turned out that the problem was in the printer. Then I decided not to spend more time on this and buy a new printer. It turned out to be very high quality and durable model, because I worked with this printer for more than 3 years and during this time I did not encounter any problems. So think which is better. I think that the best way is to save your time and find the most suitable model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts