Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So im trying to decide whether or not to go with a HID Conversion Kit Or Projectors?

I found some...ok headlights on ebay and what not, but honestly most of them looked like they belonged more on a Honda or wack ass Toyota.. Anyone have any real options for projectors?!? Im not tying to break the bank and honesty might go with the HID Kit just so i can put the rest into Power..

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow.. hmm im just not sure if i like the HALO look or not.. hey how long till you get these on by any chance? Would you be able to throw a pic up when you do so i can see how they look??

·
aka DolEvoX
1,547 Posts
im orderd them, they should be shipping next week but im in afghanistan until march so i wont have the lights install until then.
:duh:
I wanted to see these too! have no idea if they fit right or look right but its a hell of a lot better of a deal than buying OEM HIDs!
Please make a thread when the "Obama exit strategy" (why arent you home by Christmas...hmmm??? Trust me I know why but its bs that the news will say otherwise to give the masses a warm and fuzzy) is finally complete.
Stay safe over there and throw a kid a bottle of piss for me:rock:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The best way to do HID's is to get the proper projectors that are designed for the amount of light that HID bulbs put out. TheRetrofitSource . com has complete kits that include projectors with shrounds, bulbs, ballasts, and wiring harness.

I can't post a link, but you can just go to that website and there will be a menu on the left side. Go to Complete Retrofit Kits, and then the kit you want is Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1).

You will have to take the lens off the headlight, but after that it's simple...you get the 9006 mounting plate and the projector mounts directly into the normal bulb mount so there's no fabrication involved, and then the wiring harness is all plug and play. You'll have proper HID projector headlights that look almost factory and the kit is cheaper than those eBay headlights.

Depending on the shrouds you choose, it'll look somethng like this...

·
aka DolEvoX
1,547 Posts
The best way to do HID's is to get the proper projectors that are designed for the amount of light that HID bulbs put out. TheRetrofitSource . com has complete kits that include projectors with shrounds, bulbs, ballasts, and wiring harness.

I can't post a link, but you can just go to that website and there will be a menu on the left side. Go to Complete Retrofit Kits, and then the kit you want is Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1).

You will have to take the lens off the headlight, but after that it's simple...you get the 9006 mounting plate and the projector mounts directly into the normal bulb mount so there's no fabrication involved, and then the wiring harness is all plug and play. You'll have proper HID projector headlights that look almost factory and the kit is cheaper than those eBay headlights.

Thanks so much for the link!!!! Ill be making a custom set-up from this soon... going on the mods list on my build journal!:rock::dancebanana:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Theretrofitsource has had a substantial amount of business from me lately. Really great guys over there, extremely helpful and good products.

I did a Mini H1 retrofit on my motorcycle, very straightforward if you don't mind opening the headlights. Also grabbed some EvoX-R projectors to swap out for the SSS projector in my car. Then, in the last week, ordered some FX-R projectors to put in the new vehicle we just purchased.

It's good, because the equipment is good, the output is great, and the project isn't too daunting. Just get some cool looking shrouds, and have fun!

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
see i would have loved to go with a retrofit kit, abit cheaper then my route. But i want to keep oem parts aside for when i put the car back to stock to sell (whenever that is). Same reason im keeping my stock turbo and bought a used turbo to get made into the fp red...lol

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
see i would have loved to go with a retrofit kit, abit cheaper then my route. But i want to keep oem parts aside for when i put the car back to stock to sell (whenever that is). Same reason im keeping my stock turbo and bought a used turbo to get made into the fp red...lol
Well, you may find you want to tear those ones open and put real projectors in anyway. I'm not sure how the light output will compare to others.

Hopefully they use something good!

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
i have no problem ripping the ebay ones i orderd a part, i just dont want to rip open the oem headlights. Its the same reason why im giving edmbimmer the boost solenoid back that he gave to me for free. It requires splicing the the wires, so i bought the grimspeed 3port. I want everything to be able to go back to stock for down the road.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

:+1::+1:I like this idea!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Honestly, the Mini H1 retrofit is the way to go unless you can get your hands on a set of SSS lights.

The output is remarkable, and after having just completed an FX-R retrofit on my SUV, the ease of installation of the MiniH1 projectors is so worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.