1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Convert your non-SSS Evo X to SSS
(Bi-xenon HID Projectors)
with ZERO DOWNTIME!!

Replica SSS headlights with EvoX-R Projectors, Bulbs, Ballasts, Harness, the works!!

This is a turn-key, out-of-the-box, zero-downtime headlight package. That's right, zero-downtime! You receive a brand new set of headlights, blacked out, real HID projectors (better than the OEM Evo X projectors!), the works!! A true plug-and-play conversion kit without needing to buy expensive OEM SSS headlights and send them off to be retrofitted. This is everything at once, in one ready-to-go package!

This kit will be offered shortly once the first "early adopter" set has been reviewed in a week or so, so start thinking about it now and PM me with any questions! Once the first set is out in the wild I'll post pics/official review here and begin taking orders!

The bare minimum the kit contains is:

• Depo Evo X SSS Replica Headlights
  • Upgraded EvoX-R Projectors
  • 4300k HID Bulbs (35w)
  • 35w Ballast (power)
  • Harness (jRox or anti-flicker for Canadian folk)
  • Blackout (optional)
How does it work?
You tell me what you want, if anything differs from the kit above. We can swap out bulbs, black it out, tint side reflectors, etc. I quote you a price for all the work including the parts (I don't mark up any parts!). The deposit required is for all the raw materials. The remaining is due before the set is shipped to you. Price includes shipping.

You don't need to ship any headlights! You don't need to experience downtime with your car missing headlights! You receive a box filled with headlights and that's it - you install and enjoy!

How much will it cost?
This is still being determined - the actual pricing will come in the next couple of weeks. With cost of parts and work involved it will most likely be around $1000 for a full set of brand new headlights, with all mods/blackout/projectors, shipped to your door. Remember, once you swap out your halogens, you can sell those and recoup some of the cost.

More Q&A in the next post, and some pics coming shortly!

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FAQ/Q&A

How do I order already?!
Please PM me and we will work out the details and pricing. A deposit will be required for me to purchase the materials and begin work. I will require the full cost before I ship them out. Feel free to send it all at once.
How long of a turnaround/downtime is there in building the lights?
Have I mentioned zero downtime? The only turnaround time is from the time I receive your payment to the time I order all the parts, they arrive, I assemble/build/paint/package and ship off to you. Generally it's about a 2-week lead time if there are no surprises and everything is in stock. If anything is not in stock I will communicate it to you and we'll discuss.
What shipping method do you use?
UPS Ground. I will insure the cost of the headlights for all raw materials (lights, ballasts, bulbs, projectors, any customizations). It will be cheaper than shipping SSS headlights!
What about my DRLs (Daytime Running Lights)?
TBD. Canadian and US customers will be a little different. US customers will most likely receive a jRox harness as part of the kit to disable DRLs. Canadian customers may receive an anti-flicker kit to keep DRLs enabled while preventing HID flicker.
What about condensation or moisture?
The Depo replica headlights come with a basic butyl glue that is not as strong as stock Evo SSS headlights. I will most likely include the cost for additional butyl glue sealant to ensure the seal is completely watertight. Better safe than sorry!
Can I have custom design X, Y, Z done?
Please PM me and we shall discuss!
Do Depo Replicas look identical to OEM?
99% identical looking. The tiny differences will be mostly unnoticed. Otherwise they are extremely close, and at 1/5 the cost! There are mechanical differences (e.g. NO leveling motor, three leveling screws instead of two, etc). Nothing major.
Do I need to adjust alignment using the bolts on the back when I receive these?
Absolutely. They came with an "unknown" alignment from the Depo factory. As such you will need to align horizontal and vertical when you receive them. It's not difficult and I can walk you through the process, and write up a DIY here as well.
Will the Bi-xenon functionality work (low/high beam HIDs)?
Absolutely!
Will these look inferior to OEM?
Not in the slightest. As I mentioned the exterior style is 99% identical to OEM minus one or two slight design differences which most people won't even recognize unless they look at headlights all day. Light output-wise, they will actually be better. The HID projectors being installed are better than OEM Evo X projectors.
Is this an option for no-downtime upgrades for my SSS Evo X that came with HIDs? Is this a potential core-exchange?
Probably! You will lose the leveling switch functionality from the cabin but it should be a direct replacement. I would require your OEM SSS headlights in exchange. Or, you could just buy these outright!
Do I need to buy new bulbs?
The kit will come with a set of 4300k 35w HID bulbs (Morimoto) unless otherwise requested. The Depo headlights do not ship with any other bulbs. You will be required to swap in your turn signal, DRL and parking light bulbs from your existing headlight set.

If requested I can purchase these on your behalf and pre-install them, or even upgrade some if requested (LEDs, switchback, etc). More on this later.

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
No leveling motor? Is this becuase of the projectors or depo lights? I really like being able to aim down while city night driving and up for when needed.

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depo headlights don't come with them at all unfortunately and fitting them will be extremely difficult to make work. I don't know many people who use it; Bi-xenon high beams will be available, though! Always an option. :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
pic of final product?

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick shot of the test-fit on the car. Waiting on bulbs so I can power them up.

I'll test-fit them in my own this weekend and put the bumper back on for a good picture of them actually IN the car and how it fits. So far though it looks really good.

·
Registered
78 Posts

I'll test-fit them in my own this weekend and put the bumper back on for a good picture of them actually IN the car and how it fits. So far though it looks really good.

So this is what it will look like when I have mine done and get it back? Very nice. I sent a message to you don't take it the wrong way as it seems messages on the internet are misinterpreted.

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would it be possible for you to share the installation manual for a Canadian car?
For the headlights?

So this is what it will look like when I have mine done and get it back? Very nice. I sent a message to you don't take it the wrong way as it seems messages on the internet are misinterpreted.
No problem! Thanks for the heads up. :)

·
Registered
466 Posts

Wonder whose car that is?

1 - 20 of 160 Posts