Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 gsr with aftermarket hids that cut off when I'm driving and will not driver side will not turn on sometimes. Not sure if I got bad a bad fuse or bad hids. Have anyone had this problem & had them installed October 1st so they not old

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pm Jrox, he sells a harness that will bypass the DRL function. This happens to people who had regular head lights an try to put in the projector housings. Not sure if that is your problem but it's a good place to start.
They bypassed Da drl lights when I got them installed. I didn't have a problem until about2 Weeks ago they blacked out on Da highway twice then it was fine until last night

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
580 Posts
my experience with hids is that if you have a problem, its usually the wiring and since the wiring is usually just plug and play, then the next logical problem is the ballast is shorting out. the bulbs are really sturdy so the ballast usually is the culprit. you should check to see if the ballast on the affected side is hot at the time it shuts off. ill bet its shorting out internally.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm taking it 2 Da shop tomorrow & get them 2 check everything u guys saying thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was some wire with a fuse on it they used Da wrong gauge wire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts