Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the only way to get hids are with the sight and sound package.

has anyone checked out how much the factory hid housings cost, and the difficulty of wiring up the hid lights?

i like the sight and sound package if the car was gonna stay stock, but the rockford stereo just doesnt do it for me (i have a full alpine system in my wrx), im sure ill be going aftermarket wing, and i dont know how much i like the fast key thing. so that leaves me spending 2k on headlights.

id rather just buy a barebones stock gsr and add the lights myself.

(oh, does the base gsr come w/ foglights, or no?)

·
Registered
364 Posts
They all come with headlights. As for the projector headlights they come with hids in them and the ballest in side but I checked the price on them and they are about $1000. So I just went with hid bulbs and they look sweet.

·
Registered
364 Posts
you cant just put in hid bulbs in non-hid headlight assemblies. they work, but not properly. oncoming drivers will hate you.
I hate to tell you but they work fine and they look like they are factory. Non of the cops that I have been behind care and no body flashes me. I have seen them while dring in another car and they look great and they dont hurt your eyes.Good luck on getting the headlights they can't even get them for about another 6 months.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:wtfsign:

ya, they LOOK fine, but if you go read up on how hid bulbs work with non hid housings you will see. the light is not properly directed as they are designed for halogen bulbs.

its dangerous to other drivers. that alone makes it worth the extra money to do it right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
this is a little off topic but it fits in with what you are talking about.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a GSR but get the MR BBS wheels?
the only problem i see with this is that the MR isn't in the country which means that they couldn't get you the wheels.

any insight on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
no, that deserves its own thread. my poor thread has been hijacked before anyone can actually give me a real answer. :mad:
You're probally better off finding an aftermarket HID kit for like $200-300. It'll save you money and you can get the same thing. I talked to my local dealership and asked the same thing, but i only wanted a base GSR w/ navi and they said no. =/

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
once again, all those do is put hid bulbs in halogen housings. A BIG NO NO.

the cost of the actual hid housings and bulbs is less than the sight and sound package.

You're probally better off finding an aftermarket HID kit for like $200-300. It'll save you money and you can get the same thing. I talked to my local dealership and asked the same thing, but i only wanted a base GSR w/ navi and they said no. =/

·
Registered
160 Posts
the fast key is pretty cool, maybe that in conjuction with the hid? It my be kinda hard to find a very base evo right now... At least on the east coast

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wont be buying till the end of the year. i kinda want to wait till all the price gouging goes down and there be a plethora of cars available. i just hate mitsubishi's "packages." i wish i could order a car from them with individual options.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.