Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody experience a high idle after putting on a test pipe? It has happened twice to me since I installed it. After normal driving, ECT normal, my engine idles up at around 2k then falls down to about 1500. After about 20 seconds, it goes back up. :wtfsign:It seems to be random. Any thoughts? Mods are in my sig.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I got a cel after I put the test pipe in. I assumed it was just a cat efficiency code, but I'm going to put in a defouler tonight, reset it, and see what happens. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that someone had a high idle issue. Do you have a link to SiC's thread? Or I suppose I could just search... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've experienced the high idle after some spirited driving but settles down to normal after 5 seconds or so. The problem is intermittent at this point. The car is stock and still not broken in yet(keeping it below 5K). I'm not too worried but my service dept will definitely hear about this.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
any updates?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I actually just got around to putting in the defouler tonight. So far so good. I've put about 60 miles on it so far and no CEL. No other instances of high idle. It only happened twice when I had the test pipe in without the defouler. I will let you guys know if it happens again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.